mollygribben_
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
I feel really drawn to London, Imperial College London, UCL and KCL are looking like my top 3 options right now based on the facilities, the feel of the area (especially), and the extra BSc degree all these unis offer. Ever since I set eyes on Imperial I could really see myself going there. I've looked at other unis, including Bristol, Exeter and Manchester, but these just don't call out to me as much at all. I also don't really like the idea of studying in Scotland. My parents are trying to steer me away because of the vast expenses of London (and although I'm aware that basic living costs are covered in student loan, rent after 1st year is extortionate (unless I'd house share, which I'm more than willing to do if I find the right people, and I'm not too picky, but also going out to get drinks or food is also going to be ridiculously expensive). Neither of my parents have been to uni. Should I reconsider London? I really want to go there.
SFE Isaac
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by mollygribben_)
I feel really drawn to London, Imperial College London, UCL and KCL are looking like my top 3 options right now based on the facilities, the feel of the area (especially), and the extra BSc degree all these unis offer. Ever since I set eyes on Imperial I could really see myself going there. I've looked at other unis, including Bristol, Exeter and Manchester, but these just don't call out to me as much at all. I also don't really like the idea of studying in Scotland. My parents are trying to steer me away because of the vast expenses of London (and although I'm aware that basic living costs are covered in student loan, rent after 1st year is extortionate (unless I'd house share, which I'm more than willing to do if I find the right people, and I'm not too picky, but also going out to get drinks or food is also going to be ridiculously expensive). Neither of my parents have been to uni. Should I reconsider London? I really want to go there.
Hi Molly, if you are unsure about where to attend, perhaps speak to someone close to you as they might be able to help you decide. If you really want to go to London then maybe that will be the best choice for you.
You could also get opinions from other students if you post here https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=3

If you have any queries regarding student finance please let us know
Thanks, Isaac
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (74)
37.76%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (20)
10.2%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (13)
6.63%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (48)
24.49%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (25)
12.76%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (16)
8.16%

Watched Threads