Good amount to have saved up by age 30

Watch
Ram Ranch
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
I know what with the economic recovery and inflation millionaires are not uncommon so I was wondering what people considered to be a good net worth to have accumulated by age 30.

Lets give ourselves something to aim for
londonmyst
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
It depends upon location, skillset, individual ambitions and the types of assets accumulated.

For a 30 year old average London full time worker with a 3-5+ year career history, I'd say that a total asset value of £400k with at least £50k in cash savings or gold bullion stocks is good.
Of course the vast majority of asset value is likely to be tied up in some form of equity or business investment; residential property, buy to let, shareholding portfolio, private pension pot.
Ram Ranch
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
(Original post by londonmyst)
It depends upon location, skillset, individual ambitions and the types of assets accumulated.

For a 30 year old average London full time worker with a 3-5+ year career history, I'd say that a total asset value of £400k with at least £50k in cash savings or gold bullion stocks is good.
Of course the vast majority of asset value is likely to be tied up in some form of equity or business investment; residential property, buy to let, shareholding portfolio, private pension pot.
This seems reasonable to me
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (83)
38.6%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (23)
10.7%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (15)
6.98%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (51)
23.72%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (27)
12.56%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (16)
7.44%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise