The Student Room Group

RS A level- Islam

Hi I'm really interested in Content of Developments in Islamic thought topic (I'm muslim and I love learning different perspectives about Islam) for OCR but our school does Christianity instead so it's quite off-putting. Has anyone does the Christianity version? If so what do you think of it?
Original post by Fummi
Hi I'm really interested in Content of Developments in Islamic thought topic (I'm muslim and I love learning different perspectives about Islam) for OCR but our school does Christianity instead so it's quite off-putting. Has anyone does the Christianity version? If so what do you think of it?

Hello, I am currently in YR13 and like you, I am a Muslim as well, and I did Christianity. There are 3 parts to it:
Philosophy: it has Christianity scholars, but it is mostly focused on philosophy aspect so, things, like does God, exists, analyzing Religious language eg God loves me, looking at Soul, mind + body -are they reliable,
Ethics: this has a little bit of Christianity, it looks at the ethical aspect, it has bits of Christianity involved, but it mostly focuses on real-life situations, it focuses more on problems, and which ethical principle is good. Ethics is my favourite.
DCT: development of Christian thought: this has the most on Christianity, more in YR12, in YR13 it reduces.
If it helps go to OCR specification and have a look and then maybe type some of the topic names onto youtube, to see if you will like it, there are teachers who put videos up there.

In the beginning, I didn't like it, but as I went on I enjoyed it, you have to be organised.
EXAMS STRUCTURE: 3 papers, 3 questions to answer, 40 marker questions, 2HR exam.

I hope this helped, sorry for the rushed reply, Kind of in a rush.
Reply 2
Original post by Zarin_176
Hello, I am currently in YR13 and like you, I am a Muslim as well, and I did Christianity. There are 3 parts to it:
Philosophy: it has Christianity scholars, but it is mostly focused on philosophy aspect so, things, like does God, exists, analyzing Religious language eg God loves me, looking at Soul, mind + body -are they reliable,
Ethics: this has a little bit of Christianity, it looks at the ethical aspect, it has bits of Christianity involved, but it mostly focuses on real-life situations, it focuses more on problems, and which ethical principle is good. Ethics is my favourite.
DCT: development of Christian thought: this has the most on Christianity, more in YR12, in YR13 it reduces.
If it helps go to OCR specification and have a look and then maybe type some of the topic names onto youtube, to see if you will like it, there are teachers who put videos up there.

In the beginning, I didn't like it, but as I went on I enjoyed it, you have to be organised.
EXAMS STRUCTURE: 3 papers, 3 questions to answer, 40 marker questions, 2HR exam.

I hope this helped, sorry for the rushed reply, Kind of in a rush.

No no your reply was super useful, I think ethics will be really good no matter what but I'll take a look at the topics on youtube. I'd still much rather do Islam as the topics are alot more relevant to me and I feel more about culture vs religion but I'll take a look at Christianity since it's what I'll have to do. Thank you

Quick Reply

Latest