Kaneki Amano
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I did a foundation year which extensively covered A-level content for Maths, Physics and Chemistry. I got two A's and a B equivalent (two firsts and a 2:1) for these modules in my foundation*year. However, this isn't accredited as an actual A-level. My actual A-levels were BBB in Chemistry, Biology, and Psychology. I'm aware the entry requirements are AAB-ABB but I was wondering if I'd be accepted into the course based on the merit that the foundation*year essentially covered A-levels. I heard one of my friends got in with BBD* too (He did RS, Psychology and Forensics).
JEM0681
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hi..

I also did a foundation year (2 academic years ago). My university had similar entry requirements. It was A Levels or 120 credits for my honours degree course. I passed my foundation year with 120 credits which allowed me to progress into the BSc.

Usually, if you do the foundation year and pass it, this should satisfy the entry requirements for your chosen course. Was your FY topic the same as your chosen degree?

I think what you have done will be enough, but check with student services at your university if you’re unsure
Kaneki Amano
Rep:
?
(Original post by JEM0681)
Hi..

I also did a foundation year (2 academic years ago). My university had similar entry requirements. It was A Levels or 120 credits for my honours degree course. I passed my foundation year with 120 credits which allowed me to progress into the BSc.

Usually, if you do the foundation year and pass it, this should satisfy the entry requirements for your chosen course. Was your FY topic the same as your chosen degree?

I think what you have done will be enough, but check with student services at your university if you’re unsure
Thank you, this eases the heart a bit. I did achieve all 120 credits for that year but it was for a degree in Engineering. I think the Maths in that would suffice for an A-level and the page on my uni website did say it covered A-level core maths. I've sent off an email asking UoM if they'd accept this and I'm praying they do.. but we'll have to wait and see till tomorrow 😬

How are you enjoying the course though if you don't mind me asking?
JEM0681
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I’m sure you will be fine! Engineering is totally relevant!

My pathway is completely different to yours. But I got onto BSc Social Work with the foundation year being Social Sciences and Humanities. So though they weren’t the same subject, they’re totally connected which is why I could progress. Same as your situation.

I’m really enjoying my degree, although, I’m absolutely not loving online learning!
Kaneki Amano
Rep:
?
I don't think any of us are at this point haha, online learning has been the bane of my existence. I always thought of myself leaning to the side of introversion... That was until this year rolled around. But on the plus side, I'm now going to be way more grateful to just have random conversation with humans in real life and not behind a laggy zoom call 😂
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (139)
42.51%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (38)
11.62%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (27)
8.26%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (70)
21.41%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (34)
10.4%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (19)
5.81%

Watched Threads