Lauren5__
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
So I am going into sixth form and I am planning to take English literature. One school does Edexcel and one does OCR. I briefly looked at the books and poems u study in both and both appeal to me. I was wondering if one exam board is easier than the other and if there is actually a really big difference in which exam board u do within a subject .
shmzank
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
OCR is more popular than Edexcel especially for Alevels, so I can imagine that you would get more resources online/ help than if you do Edexcel but I don't imagine one being harder than the other. However, I find that Edexcel exams are very time constrained but go ahead if you're a fast writer. )
tiny hobbit
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by shmzank)
OCR is more popular than Edexcel especially for Alevels, so I can imagine that you would get more resources online/ help than if you do Edexcel but I don't imagine one being harder than the other.
I assume that your answer is just about English Literature (although it doesn't say so). Exactly the opposite is true for A level Maths.
Compost
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
All the exam boards approved for teaching in UK state school have to satisfy Ofqual's requirements so there isn't a huge difference in content (thought in Eng Lit the set books may be different). The final results are also moderated to ensure the different exam boards offer qualifications of similar difficulty - although one board's approach may suit individual students more than another's.

Not all exam boards offer all subjects and some boards are much more popular than others for certain subjects (e.g. Edexcel is the most popular board for Maths at both GCSE and A level) but it varies. I believe AQA is the most popular overall, followed by Edexcel, then OCR then Eduqas.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should the school day be extended to help students catch up?

Yes (96)
27.51%
No (253)
72.49%

Watched Threads