Annoying Parents and Commuting

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Ok so basically i love my parents and everything but the recent gap year i took with me just stuck inside has been honestly a bit suffocating. I am totally financially dependent on them and my uni in sept is within london meaning I have taken the decision to commute, which im starting to regret now. Like there have been more arguments between us in recent times with my mum being very petty, i almost do all the work in the house yet she’s constantly adding more and more. Theyre also strict in the sense i am kind of afraid to buy anything i want cos theyre constantly overlooking. I just know that if i commute ill save sm student finance money but then me going out and buying stuff etc, is all put to question. If i say i am gonna live out, thats just 100% not gonna happen cos theyll say ‘why waste money when you can stay with us’. making me guilty. Any help would be appreciated.
Dee-Emma
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
It's well recognised that this is a difficult transition point for the parents too. But there comes a point where you're going to need to express your own needs as a growing adult. Do this as honestly, but kindly and loving as you can. That's still not going to say that they'll take it well, or that they won't guilt trip you, or that you won't feel genuinely guilty and sad. It's just a difficult growing up point. It may be you can establish a different role in the house without moving out, or maybe that move out will be the right thing to do. Good luck.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Who is winning Euro 2020

France (114)
27.34%
England (146)
35.01%
Belgium (32)
7.67%
Germany (42)
10.07%
Spain (10)
2.4%