Do I need to mail my original passport if I've supplied a settled status share code?

Watch
EpicnessLord12
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
I'm an EU settled status student starting university this year applying for home fee status.

On my account page on the Student Finance England website, my to-do list contains a request for my original passport (meaning I'd need to mail the physical version).

However, soon after applying, I was emailed by SFE and told that "If you provide your share code, you don't need to send us your identity evidence".

I supplied my settled status share code over a week ago and the to-do list still contains the original passport requirement.

Do I still need to mail my passport to SFE?
LanaSmith
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
1 to good question! Same situation here. EU settled in UK student too and did not receive any emails (applied on Friday though, maybe early next week I will). How soon after applying did you receive an email? When did you apply?Looking forward to someone from SFE to answer!
EpicnessLord12
Rep:
?
(Original post by LanaSmith)
1 to good question! Same situation here. EU settled in UK student too and did not receive any emails (applied on Friday though, maybe early next week I will). How soon after applying did you receive an email? When did you apply?Looking forward to someone from SFE to answer!
They sent the email 2 days after I applied. Maybe they've just got the weekend off and you'll get one around Tuesday. Or maybe it'll be different for you, really no idea!
Last edited by EpicnessLord12; 4 weeks ago
SFE Isaac
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by EpicnessLord12)
I'm an EU settled status student starting university this year applying for home fee status.

On my account page on the Student Finance England website, my to-do list contains a request for my original passport (meaning I'd need to mail the physical version).

However, soon after applying, I was emailed by SFE and told that "If you provide your share code, you don't need to send us your identity evidence".

I supplied my settled status share code over a week ago and the to-do list still contains the original passport requirement.

Do I still need to mail my passport to SFE?
(Original post by LanaSmith)
Hi both, we don't require physical ID if the applicant provides their EUSS share code on the application.

You should allow up to 15 working days/3 weeks for our eligibility assessors to review your share code.
We will only ask for physical ID if there is a discrepancy with your code.
Thanks, Isaac
EpicnessLord12
Rep:
?
(Original post by SFE Isaac)
Hi both, we don't require physical ID if the applicant provides their EUSS share code on the application.

You should allow up to 15 working days/3 weeks for our eligibility assessors to review your share code.
We will only ask for physical ID if there is a discrepancy with your code.
Thanks, Isaac
Thanks for clearing it up, it adds a lot of peace of mind 😀
SFE Isaac
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by EpicnessLord12)
Thanks for clearing it up, it adds a lot of peace of mind 😀
You're welcome
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should the school day be extended to help students catch up?

Yes (20)
31.75%
No (43)
68.25%

Watched Threads