Bunny_boop
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Just firmed my place at Loughborough for undergraduate graphic design course, I really want to go Claudia parsons for accommodation since it’s the newest, but I don’t know how far it is from the design buildings and how students think of the social life there. Would love if @loughboroughuniversity got back to me on this.
Evelyn34
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Does the university tell you what building the course is located? If so you could go on google maps and enter the location from the accommodation to the building and that should give you a rough estimate of how long it would take to get to the site etc
Loughborough Student Community
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Hi Bunny_boop,

Choosing your accommodation can be a difficult decisions and there are a lot of factors to consider. I studied at Loughborough for 4 years and in my experience, everyone really enjoys whatever hall they are in as they all offer something different!

I would say that Claudia Parsons is about a 10 minute walk away (definitely no more than 15) from the Design School - there are halls that are closer (such as Butler Court and Towers) but no where on campus is ever more than a 10/15 minute walk away! Claudia Parsons has a really central location on campus and you're only a 5 minute walk away from the Students' Union. There is also the free Sprint campus shuttle bus that can get you round campus if you don't fancy the walk!

I have known a few people who have lived in Claudia Parsons and they really enjoyed it and there definitely seems to be a nice and sociable atmosphere!

I hope this helps, if you have any questions please let me know!
Ella
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I’m worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (12)
41.38%
I’m worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (4)
13.79%
I’m worried it will impact my future career (2)
6.9%
I’m worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (6)
20.69%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (2)
6.9%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (3)
10.34%

Watched Threads