The internet ruined my life

Watch
Hadupadu
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
I used to believe in god until I began using the internet.... the constant exposure to non-Muslims made me have doubts about Allah.

I used to have good eye sight but now it’s dead I’m nearly legally blind
ROTL94
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
You know that it's normal and mentally healthy to question your own ideas in light of new information, right?
Last edited by ROTL94; 4 weeks ago
Final Fantasy
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
If you don't like learning new things then just plug your ears and wear a blindfold.
Rarest
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
ROTL94 makes an excellent point. It is perfectly natural for you to question to doubt your religion and up having a stronger faith by the end of it.

I am not a Muslim, but if Allah designed humans and gave us such logical and analytical brains, wouldn't he expect you to use it when presented with new ideas and information?
Hadupadu
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Rarest)
ROTL94 makes an excellent point. It is perfectly natural for you to question to doubt your religion and up having a stronger faith by the end of it.

I am not a Muslim, but if Allah designed humans and gave us such logical and analytical brains, wouldn't he expect you to use it when presented with new ideas and information?
You sound like a Muslim. Have you considered converting?
sushieater37
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago

Agreed! The Prophet Muhammad is famously reported to have said: “Seeking knowledge is obligatory upon every Muslim”. He is also reported to have stated: “You must seek knowledge from birth till death”.
Rarest
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Hadupadu)
You sound like a Muslim. Have you considered converting?
Ah, not really. I'm a former Christian now agnostic, but I have a lot of Muslim friends at uni. So even if I don't fully understand the religion, I've seen people go through similar stuff ^^
zodisagoddess21
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Ah, not really. I'm a former Christian now agnostic, but I have a lot of Muslim friends at uni. So even if I don't fully understand the religion, I've seen people go through similar stuff ^^
Hi, may i ask why you're no longer a Christian
Rarest
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by zodisagoddess21)
Hi, may i ask why you're no longer a Christian
I guess it was because I didn't really believe in a God. That being said, the rest of my family are Christian and I have not told them this so I still go to church on some occasions whenever we have the time.

But yeah, it was entirely a personal choice, nothing against the religion itself. Also even though I am no longer Christian, I have a huge amount of respect for my local priest. Back in my early/mid teens I used to serve at the Altar and attend Sunday school and even though I was slowly starting to question/lose my faith he was still as welcoming as ever throughout the years and was willing to talk.
zodisagoddess21
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I guess it was because I didn't really believe in a God. That being said, the rest of my family are Christian and I have not told them this so I still go to church on some occasions whenever we have the time.

But yeah, it was entirely a personal choice, nothing against the religion itself. Also even though I am no longer Christian, I have a huge amount of respect for my local priest. Back in my early/mid teens I used to serve at the Altar and attend Sunday school and even though I was slowly starting to question/lose my faith he was still as welcoming as ever throughout the years and was willing to talk.
okay. i see. Thats understandable, many people drift from God cause they may not have experienced Him the way others do. Thats the beautiful thing about this world we all have a choice, and as long as we're happy with it noone can change our minds.

i only asked because people leave christianity for something the church has done and for the most part the hate they harbour for the church prevents them from having a relationship with God.

if you're ever interested in seeking God again, you could always message me and we can talk. I'm not trying to force anything on you, I'm just offering, thanks for sharing and have a lovely day x
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should the school day be extended to help students catch up?

Yes (92)
28.66%
No (229)
71.34%

Watched Threads