Krzysztof_Poland
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
So basically I took the computer science, maths and further maths (with options dm1 and fs1) and the criminology.
In the November 2020 before the lockdown I was doing very well. Got A,A,A,B but then got lazy as there was a lockdown. When I came back at march I knew nothing. However I did very effective revision that got me into a posittion of grades of B-Further Maths, C-Maths, C-Computing, B- Criminology. I dont know 70% of the A2 and AS content combined. One year is left and I am a bit bad in my AS as I had a lot of lack of time or lack of knowledge due to laziness. I stayed after school before November (3hours). This is because I like to chill at home. This is why as well I was lazy in the lockdown as the home is a bad place for me to concentrate. I have no concentration there.

So know I was thinking that I will do 1 chapter from one of the books everyday in depth. I counted that there is 200 chapters (these are from the CGP books which I bought myself and the books that I have from school. So if I do every chapter from the every book and then after the 200 days revise the bits I have struggled, then does that means I can somehow undo the mistake of the 4 months missed revision? Could I do it as I have a lot of motivation? I also have a programming project next year involving the creation of the game as 2D or 3D. Will all of that fit together and come out as A's or even A*?

Sometimes I do 2 or even 3 chapters a day if I am really motivated. I can spent my time really efficiently as well and I REALLY WANT TO achieve this.

Please tell me if you think this is possible and any tips for the revision for those subjects? very much thank you.

I use the maths books:
cgp y1+y2 mechanics and stats / as well as pure mathematics from cgp
cgp further maths edexcel
pearson edexcel books y1 and y2 for statistics and mechanics and pure
pearson edexcel the as and a2 core pure 1 and the fs1 and dm1
the heathcote book for ocr computer science and the videos.
the cryminology books from napier press and their workbooks and videos.

I dont want to drop subjects. I love then. I want to do Maths and Computer Science and Uni. Considering that I will work hard. Use your revision tips, use past paers and that I am motivated could this be possible? Will it be a hard challenge? If yes then I think I can but what do you think?

Thank you very much. Now I guess the time is key to me
probookmac
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Know that you can do it and it is possible. Don’t make the mistake of putting yourself in a box and thinking oh I can’t do it bc this work should’ve been done over x period of time. All things will occupy the time That you give them. So if you set yourself a deadline of 2 weeks believe me from the motivation I sense coming from you you can defoooo do it. Don’t give up
Last edited by probookmac; 1 month ago
probookmac
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by probookmac)
Know that you can do it and it is possible. Don’t make the mistake of putting yourself in a box and thinking oh I can’t do it bc this work should’ve been done over x period of time. All things will occupy the time That you give them. So if you set yourself a deadline of 2 weeks believe me from the motivation I sense coming from you you can defoooo do it. Don’t give up
I do maths as well and I find TL maths a great resource for understanding content. He’s has videos on a few exam boards would recommend
probookmac
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I do maths as well and I find TL maths a great resource for understanding content. He’s has videos on a few exam boards would recommend
And in terms of exam practice do questions from madas maths. He’s has really challenging questions and solutions and even if you stay consistent from now doing questions there’s no doubt you can definitely get an A because maths is just practice
Krzysztof_Poland
Rep:
?
Thanks man. I will not give up and if you say that it is possible and I got the motivation then I am starting from now today. There is no time to waste!
mnot
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Krzysztof_Poland)
So basically I took the computer science, maths and further maths (with options dm1 and fs1) and the criminology.
In the November 2020 before the lockdown I was doing very well. Got A,A,A,B but then got lazy as there was a lockdown. When I came back at march I knew nothing. However I did very effective revision that got me into a posittion of grades of B-Further Maths, C-Maths, C-Computing, B- Criminology. I dont know 70% of the A2 and AS content combined. One year is left and I am a bit bad in my AS as I had a lot of lack of time or lack of knowledge due to laziness. I stayed after school before November (3hours). This is because I like to chill at home. This is why as well I was lazy in the lockdown as the home is a bad place for me to concentrate. I have no concentration there.

So know I was thinking that I will do 1 chapter from one of the books everyday in depth. I counted that there is 200 chapters (these are from the CGP books which I bought myself and the books that I have from school. So if I do every chapter from the every book and then after the 200 days revise the bits I have struggled, then does that means I can somehow undo the mistake of the 4 months missed revision? Could I do it as I have a lot of motivation? I also have a programming project next year involving the creation of the game as 2D or 3D. Will all of that fit together and come out as A's or even A*?

Sometimes I do 2 or even 3 chapters a day if I am really motivated. I can spent my time really efficiently as well and I REALLY WANT TO achieve this.

Please tell me if you think this is possible and any tips for the revision for those subjects? very much thank you.

I use the maths books:
cgp y1+y2 mechanics and stats / as well as pure mathematics from cgp
cgp further maths edexcel
pearson edexcel books y1 and y2 for statistics and mechanics and pure
pearson edexcel the as and a2 core pure 1 and the fs1 and dm1
the heathcote book for ocr computer science and the videos.
the cryminology books from napier press and their workbooks and videos.

I dont want to drop subjects. I love then. I want to do Maths and Computer Science and Uni. Considering that I will work hard. Use your revision tips, use past paers and that I am motivated could this be possible? Will it be a hard challenge? If yes then I think I can but what do you think?

Thank you very much. Now I guess the time is key to me
If you are at the end of year 12 you have plenty of time to pull your grades.

As for doing a certain volume of content per day. I think given your 12 months out id focus on quality revision and improving on the areas you are weak at, and ensuring an excellent foundation to build on but not focus on covering a very specific amount of knowledge per day.

Although one thing you have to do is benchmark again it strikes me as very odd you think your at a B in further maths and a C in regular maths. Almost everyone I know who achieved Bs in further maths was knocking out A*s in regular maths. Certainly not lower grades.
Krzysztof_Poland
Rep:
?
(Original post by mnot)
If you are at the end of year 12 you have plenty of time to pull your grades.

As for doing a certain volume of content per day. I think given your 12 months out id focus on quality revision and improving on the areas you are weak at, and ensuring an excellent foundation to build on but not focus on covering a very specific amount of knowledge per day.

Although one thing you have to do is benchmark again it strikes me as very odd you think your at a B in further maths and a C in regular maths. Almost everyone I know who achieved Bs in further maths was knocking out A*s in regular maths. Certainly not lower grades.
This is because I lacked knowledge in the maths. I didnt know like 9 out of 25 chapters. It is not that it was difficult but because I had lack of knowledge. Same in further maths on core pure paper. The core pure paper might actually make my grade a C but I dont know. They cant tell our grades. The main problem was lack of time and knowlege during the come back in march. The questions I answered were the questions that I did revision on and I was answering them confidently. My Russian friend had the same situation in Y12. he had C in Maths and B in Furtheer.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (139)
42.51%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (38)
11.62%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (27)
8.26%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (70)
21.41%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (34)
10.4%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (19)
5.81%

Watched Threads