Uni

Watch
angel280504
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
what do you think is better physiotherapist or midwifery ? I don’t know what to pick for uni?
ForestShadow
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
better in what way? what do you enjoy more as a subject area :holmes:
Elle.J
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Better in terms of what, can you be more specific? If you mean pay, they are probably similar, you can search the NHS pay scale if you want to know exact figures for each band. If you mean job prospects, probably midwifery. Job satisfaction? Depends on the individual.
angel280504
Rep:
?
(Original post by Elle.J)
Better in terms of what, can you be more specific? If you mean pay, they are probably similar, you can search the NHS pay scale if you want to know exact figures for each band. If you mean job prospects, probably midwifery. Job satisfaction? Depends on the individual.
What do you mean by job prospects? Better in terms of pay. With physiotherapy you can work in a private practice but with midwifery apparently you can’t . I’m not even sure which one I even like more
amber0321
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Both of these careers are incredibly challenging careers, which I would advise never selecting for the financial aspect. However, if you were set on one of these, I would advise physiotherapist - in midwifery you are working potentially very complex cases involving both parents and newborn children, whereas physiotherapy you work with a range of people. Depends whether you like working with young kids and parents or not really.
Elle.J
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by angel280504)
What do you mean by job prospects? Better in terms of pay. With physiotherapy you can work in a private practice but with midwifery apparently you can’t . I’m not even sure which one I even like more
I meant job prospects in terms of job availability, because I deffo think midwifery is more in demand and I've heard physio is getting a bit competitive. Yeah, I guess the pay varies with private practice. Yeah, it can be hard to decide, especially as it's difficult to shadow anywhere, but yh just base it on your research what you would prefer? Also there is no harm in gap yearing too if your not sure. Good luck with your decision 🙂
angel280504
Rep:
?
(Original post by Elle.J)
I meant job prospects in terms of job availability, because I deffo think midwifery is more in demand and I've heard physio is getting a bit competitive. Yeah, I guess the pay varies with private practice. Yeah, it can be hard to decide, especially as it's difficult to shadow anywhere, but yh just base it on your research what you would prefer? Also there is no harm in gap yearing too if your not sure. Good luck with your decision 🙂
Thank You ☺️
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should the school day be extended to help students catch up?

Yes (96)
27.51%
No (253)
72.49%

Watched Threads