The Student Room Group

Driving

Hi I struggle really bad with my ANXEITY and panic attacks and I don’t know what to do to calm me down as of covid my test got cancelled a few times I also have failed 4 times already I struggle with ibs also which makes me even more anxious and it doesn’t help with all them in the mix my test is on the 4/06/2021 and I should have had a lesson last week but my ANXEITY got the better of me again and had to cancel and reschedule it any tips ?
Reply 1
That sounds so difficult I’m sorry you’re having to go through this 😔 Is it anxiety about how well you will do in the test or anxiety about being on the road with other cars and people? The only thing I can think of is to practice as much as possible in an environment where you feel safer, like with a family member rather than instructor, so that when you’re in the real thing you have the anxiety of the situation but not the anxiety of worrying about your performance. And also keep in mind that LOADS of people have to take their test many times before they pass, don’t let it dishearten you! And that you’re safe in the car with your instructor, they’ve been in the situation many times before, they won’t let anything bad happen Xx
Thank you so much for you comment I would practise with a family member but very difficult when I have to do it in automatic I did do manual but was a lot worse in that with my ANXEITY than automatic and my family all have manual cars so have no one I know to practise with🥺 but thanks so much for your suggestion xx
breathing techniques helped me with anxiety but drugs like ashganda and phenibut removed anxiety almost completely
Thank you 😊

Quick Reply

Latest