I Blocked on Impulse and Kind of Feel Bad Now

Watch
thisistemp
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
So this dude popped up to me to ask something about this group we're both part of. I answered, thinking that was the end of it.

But then he eventually asks if I'd like to hang with him sometime, once summer is here. I told him I didn't really know him (never met him IRL) but we could be online friends.

We chatted for a bit and he was nice enough but he lived pretty far away from me. He was also keen to meet up, even though we just started talking. Now I don't mind meeting him but I was a bit put off by his keenness because I'd rather get to know him online first.

I told my friends about this and they said I should block him, so I did. But now he's contacted me through another account (seems like a new one too) asking why I blocked him and that he's sorry if he did anything wrong.

I do feel bad to be honest. Should I unblock him and explain my reasons for blocking him or should I just ignore him? If I do unblock, should I even carry on talking to him or leave things be? I guess it will depend on his response.

Personally, I don't mind picking up where we left off. I'm just very cautious because I had a similar experience in the past where the guy turned out to be a bit of a creep.

He did send me an unsolicited picture of himself, you couldn't really see his face. If it's him, he is cute I won't lie but I didn't expect any pics like that so early on. I'm not sure.
Muhammad Razak
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by thisistemp)
So this dude popped up to me to ask something about this group we're both part of. I answered, thinking that was the end of it.

But then he eventually asks if I'd like to hang with him sometime, once summer is here. I told him I didn't really know him (never met him IRL) but we could be online friends.

We chatted for a bit and he was nice enough but he lived pretty far away from me. He was also keen to meet up, even though we just started talking. Now I don't mind meeting him but I was a bit put off by his keenness because I'd rather get to know him online first.

I told my friends about this and they said I should block him, so I did. But now he's contacted me through another account (seems like a new one too) asking why I blocked him and that he's sorry if he did anything wrong.

I do feel bad to be honest. Should I unblock him and explain my reasons for blocking him or should I just ignore him? If I do unblock, should I even carry on talking to him or leave things be? I guess it will depend on his response.

Personally, I don't mind picking up where we left off. I'm just very cautious because I had a similar experience in the past where the guy turned out to be a bit of a creep.

He did send me an unsolicited picture of himself, you couldn't really see his face. If it's him, he is cute I won't lie but I didn't expect any pics like that so early on. I'm not sure.
I am the worst person to give u advice, having never been in a relationship before and being much like the person u encountered. So I speak on behalf of some men that we r just shy and find it hard to talk to women. Now I understand by saying this it could throw u off bc majority of men like u r explaining do that to get in your pants (let's be real here). Guys rlly do want 1 thing (sex). So be weary but it could be that you've met a soft hearted kind gentleman that's struggles w women so I wouldn't be so quick to write him off. Ofc don't meet up w him. Talk to him online if that's what u want but as u said it's up to his reply. If not it doesn't seem like u rlly like him like that so no boggy to your life right? I mean if u don't rlly care about him might aswell move on, unless u feel the need to clear something up then do so. Maybe he was a sound guy? Maybe he was just another d*head. You'll never k unless u get to k him. If he persists w meeting up and not being online friends/ getting to k eachother online then he is trying get in ur pants and confront him online. If it gets messy block him. Easy! Coz at the end of the day he don't k u in person. Goodluck
Bang Outta Order
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
...just unblock him
Muhammad Razak
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Bang Outta Order)
...just unblock him
Tbh that's the right answer instead of my long winded paragraph. U can tell I've been blocked b4 😂😂
Bang Outta Order
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Muhammad Razak)
Tbh that's the right answer instead of my long winded paragraph. U can tell I've been blocked b4 😂😂
Nah I think she will find more value in ur comment tbf lol now that I've read it. But yea she should just unblock him. I don't see why she's stressed or guilty. Or he.
thisistemp
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Muhammad Razak)
I am the worst person to give u advice, having never been in a relationship before and being much like the person u encountered. So I speak on behalf of some men that we r just shy and find it hard to talk to women. Now I understand by saying this it could throw u off bc majority of men like u r explaining do that to get in your pants (let's be real here). Guys rlly do want 1 thing (sex). So be weary but it could be that you've met a soft hearted kind gentleman that's struggles w women so I wouldn't be so quick to write him off. Ofc don't meet up w him. Talk to him online if that's what u want but as u said it's up to his reply. If not it doesn't seem like u rlly like him like that so no boggy to your life right? I mean if u don't rlly care about him might aswell move on, unless u feel the need to clear something up then do so. Maybe he was a sound guy? Maybe he was just another d*head. You'll never k unless u get to k him. If he persists w meeting up and not being online friends/ getting to k eachother online then he is trying get in ur pants and confront him online. If it gets messy block him. Easy! Coz at the end of the day he don't k u in person. Goodluck
Thanks man, I appreciate your reply. That's what I was feeling guilty over, that maybe he's an alright guy and my paranoia is getting to me. I guess we all gotta start somewhere, right? I'll unblock him and tread carefully. I won't push it with him but I'll also make sure he won't push it with me.
Muhammad Razak
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by thisistemp)
Thanks man, I appreciate your reply. That's what I was feeling guilty over, that maybe he's an alright guy and my paranoia is getting to me. I guess we all gotta start somewhere, right? I'll unblock him and tread carefully. I won't push it with him but I'll also make sure he won't push it with me.
Sounds good to me. If u feel uncomfortable then tell him that and if he persists with, shall we say weird/ sketchy behaviour, block him and don't think about it coz it's likely he is a creep/ wants to just get in your pants like I said. Anyways good luck, hope he's a sound guy
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (74)
38.14%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (19)
9.79%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (12)
6.19%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (48)
24.74%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (25)
12.89%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (16)
8.25%

Watched Threads