aafak
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
Hi, so I’m an international student looking forward to go to Bath uni. The accommodation applications start 19/5.

Firstly, I’d like to know more about catered rooms. Is paying £25 weekly really beneficial or will I be wasting my money because I’ll have to cook anyways.

I want to know ur opinions about the accommodations, which one should I choose. As I said, I’m an international student so the tuition is already A LOT and I’m not looking for something really expensive however I prefer en-suite.

And have you ever been to an accommodation with shared bathroom? It it that bad? And are there enough showers because I HATE showering if the shower is 1% wet😂.

Thanks in advance 😊
Evelyn34
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Well all student accommodations varies. I went to a university where the university OWNED the halls of accommodation so their halls are actually "top notch" and kept up to living standards eg there wasnt damp or cracked walls or something like that.

But some universities have student halls that is NOT owned by the university but the student halls are owned by a company that has varies accommodations across different cities and those accommodations can be a pain because in SOME cities the accommodation are **** and is basically run downand not looked after properly both by students/the accommodation providers.

I do not know much about Bath university's student accommodation, if I were you I would google the student accommodation you "plan/thinking" of booking and you would more than likely find out if its owned by the university or via a company. If its not owned by the uni there would be varies websites with rooms in that accommodation etc.

Well it is cheaper to be in self catered, shared bathrooms the way that works esp in the shared bathrooms will depend on the people you get living with you if that make sense. That also varies on how well kept, based on the people you get put with. If you know how much you are getting in terms of maintenance loans etc, then go for en suite but shared kitchen yes it cost a little more than shared bathroom but it honestly guarantees you how "dirty" it gets because you are the only one using it. As for shops for food, there is also basic essential in shops to help keep costs down. Eg if you want rice you can get even a basic 1kg of rice for around 45p here in the supermarkets here
aafak
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Evelyn34)
Well all student accommodations varies. I went to a university where the university OWNED the halls of accommodation so their halls are actually "top notch" and kept up to living standards eg there wasnt damp or cracked walls or something like that.

But some universities have student halls that is NOT owned by the university but the student halls are owned by a company that has varies accommodations across different cities and those accommodations can be a pain because in SOME cities the accommodation are **** and is basically run downand not looked after properly both by students/the accommodation providers.

I do not know much about Bath university's student accommodation, if I were you I would google the student accommodation you "plan/thinking" of booking and you would more than likely find out if its owned by the university or via a company. If its not owned by the uni there would be varies websites with rooms in that accommodation etc.

Well it is cheaper to be in self catered, shared bathrooms the way that works esp in the shared bathrooms will depend on the people you get living with you if that make sense. That also varies on how well kept, based on the people you get put with. If you know how much you are getting in terms of maintenance loans etc, then go for en suite but shared kitchen yes it cost a little more than shared bathroom but it honestly guarantees you how "dirty" it gets because you are the only one using it. As for shops for food, there is also basic essential in shops to help keep costs down. Eg if you want rice you can get even a basic 1kg of rice for around 45p here in the supermarkets here
The accomodation is owned by the uni its said on the website that they come and check if it’s clean twice a week, but I’m not so sure if they’re honest about that. And so how much do you think it will cost me for food per week if I cook.
Evelyn34
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I cant decided how much it would cost you for food. What I like in food is not what you like you need to look around and shop around for food. Even then my budget is not the same as you for your university I don't even know how much your accommodation would cost nor do I know what you are getting from student finace. You need to factor in what your accommodation cost with what student finance are giving you per term and then budget from that once your rent comes out.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Who is winning Euro 2020

France (100)
27.17%
England (123)
33.42%
Belgium (29)
7.88%
Germany (40)
10.87%
Spain (8)
2.17%