I’m going to fail my a level biology

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
And I don’t know what I’m going to do with my life.
Should I ask my teacher to not consider the assessments when giving my final grade?
Unknown1232003
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
If theyre not going to consider the assessments what will they consider when finalising your grade?

As a side note, its teachers who decide what to use.. not students. They need to look for evidence so there has to be some form of assessment.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Unknown1232003)
If theyre not going to consider the assessments what will they consider when finalising your grade?

As a side note, its teachers who decide what to use.. not students. They need to look for evidence so there has to be some form of assessment.
The end of topic tests in the first and second year
Anonymous #1
Do they mark it and then talk to you about your grades before making a final decision?
Spelunker
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
what is you're current average grade? im getting mostly C's but i'm trying to memorise all those set model answers (replication of DNA movement of tissue fluid etc) and i find that is helping me get more marks since they are usually 6-9 marks
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Spelunker)
what is you're current average grade? im getting mostly C's but i'm trying to memorise all those set model answers (replication of DNA movement of tissue fluid etc) and i find that is helping me get more marks since they are usually 6-9 marks
The papers my teacher set are really hard. Nothing o revise comes up, it’s mostly based on logic
Spelunker
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
The papers my teacher set are really hard. Nothing o revise comes up, it’s mostly based on logic
ah, yeah those types of logic questions you usually need to understand the topic, you could try doing past paper questions, since alot of the questions are recycled just in different formats. also have a look at this youtube channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCN4...J8-4jGB1WOdo9w she goes over alot of biology topics and makes them easier to understand. its a good way to get a better understanding of topics.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Spelunker)
ah, yeah those types of logic questions you usually need to understand the topic, you could try doing past paper questions, since alot of the questions are recycled just in different formats. also have a look at this youtube channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCN4...J8-4jGB1WOdo9w she goes over alot of biology topics and makes them easier to understand. its a good way to get a better understanding of topics.
Thanks so much, I’ll check this out!!
fucharpharmacist
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
And I don’t know what I’m going to do with my life.
Should I ask my teacher to not consider the assessments when giving my final grade?
I think you should revise girlboss
Anonymous #1
(Original post by fucharpharmacist)
I think you should revise girlboss
I know but I’m #struggling #gonnadie #screwed #killmenow
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
You don't know what to do with your life? Just carry on with it like everyone, you can't go basing your life over an exam. You aren't screwed even if you do fail
Anonymous #1
You don't know what to do with your life? Just carry on with it like everyone, you can't go basing your life over an exam. You aren't screwed even if you do fail
You’re right but I am not worth anything and failing my biology exams will prove this even further. I’m trying to apply for jobs but every single application ends in a rejection. And I honestly don’t know the reason to why I’m still carrying on.
Anonymous #3
Report 1 month ago
I am in the same boat but instead with maths, bio and chem
Anonymous #1
I am in the same boat but instead with maths, bio and chem
I’m sorry to hear that, do you think you’ll be able to appeal or ask your teachers to reconsider your grade after marking? Do you think they’ll discuss it with you?
Anonymous #4
Report 1 month ago
You’re right but I am not worth anything and failing my biology exams will prove this even further. I’m trying to apply for jobs but every single application ends in a rejection. And I honestly don’t know the reason to why I’m still carrying on.
So you're basing your self worth on an exam? Stop being so dramatic and grow up. An exam doesn't determine who you are. Just try your best, if you fail move on and do something you are good at plus you can retake as well, not even a big issue
CoochieMan
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Unfortunately you can't ask them to use alternative assessments unless they were done in exam conditions and covered a good portion of the spec. End of topic tests can't be used as evidence. If you don't do well in biology, you can always resit the exams next year.
yoteeth
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I think it will not be the end of the world
Keep your head up and look forward

Best wishes~
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (139)
42.51%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (38)
11.62%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (27)
8.26%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (70)
21.41%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (34)
10.4%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (19)
5.81%

Watched Threads