Imperial Medicine Admissions – Ask Me Anything!

Watch
Imperial College School of Medicine
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hello everyone, my name is Lidia and I am the Student Services Administrator for Admissions at Imperial School of Medicine.

I am here to support you and answer our Offer Holders' questions about 2021 start and the curriculum.

Post your questions here and I'll be back on Friday 21st May, 2pm - 5pm (UK time) to talk to you live and answer as many of your questions as possible.

Please understand that I will not be able to comment on individual cases and grades or status.

Some information that you might find useful:
The MBBS Offer Holder page: Student offer-holders in Medicine | Faculty of Medicine | Imperial College LondonImperial College Undergraduate Offer Holder page: Undergraduate offer holders 2021 | Study | Imperial College LondonMBBS Prospectus: MBBS/BSc Medicine | Study | Imperial College London

I am looking forward to helping you in your journey to your medical career!
Last edited by Imperial College School of Medicine; 1 month ago
isabelmarant
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hi Lidia, thanks for taking the time to answer questions.

I was hoping to find out about the balance of in-person teaching and online teaching for medics starting in October. Will lectures and tutorials be online? For the in-person teaching, will it be split equally between South Kensington campus and Charing Cross Hospital or is there a campus we can expect to spend more time at? Will Horizons modules be running online?

Thanks!
Imperial College School of Medicine
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
(Original post by isabelmarant)
Hi Lidia, thanks for taking the time to answer questions.

I was hoping to find out about the balance of in-person teaching and online teaching for medics starting in October. Will lectures and tutorials be online? For the in-person teaching, will it be split equally between South Kensington campus and Charing Cross Hospital or is there a campus we can expect to spend more time at? Will Horizons modules be running online?

Thanks!
Hello isabelmarant,

Thank you so much for your question!

The balance between in-person and online teaching is under constant review, and it will very much be dependent on the development of the pandemic in the next few months. Rest assured that in-person teaching will be utilised. This year medical students were classed as "essential" so have been on campus through most of the academic year. All decisions will be in line with government guidelines regarding the Covid-19 restrictions. What we have found though student consultation is that some activities have thrived being online and others must be experienced in-person so a balance between these is being explored

The same is true for Horizon modules. In particular, you can keep an eye on this website for more up-to-date information: https://www.imperial.ac.uk/horizons

I am sorry that I don’t have a more definite answer on in-person/online teaching. We will let you know more as soon as we can!

You are correct regarding South Kensington and Charing Cross campus. These two locations will be the main locations for your studies, but there will be the possibility of other locations too.

I hope this helps!

All the best,
Lidia
Last edited by Imperial College School of Medicine; 4 weeks ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (223)
43.39%
I'm worried that I'm not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (58)
11.28%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (39)
7.59%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as 'lesser' because I didn't take exams (108)
21.01%
I don't think that receiving these grades will impact my future (58)
11.28%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (28)
5.45%

Watched Threads