misunderstanding

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
i and my boyfriend live in the same city but are in a LDR because of my strict parents and he works. we had an argument because he was moving to another city and said that he didnt know if he could stay faithful to me..we took a break...he moved back and wants us to get back together, should i accept him back regardless of what he said about not being faithful? he loves me and i do too.
anosmianAcrimony
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
’’He loves me and I do too’’ that phrasing though

Saying he didn’t know if he could be faithful to you is a heck of a thing to say. I think it’s very reasonable to be upset about that. If he’d said, e.g., ’’no, I don’t want an LDR, that’s not the kind of relationship I want’’, that would have been reasonable, but the way he said it sounds like he was trying to preemptively forgive himself for future cheating. Only you can decide whether you want him back but personally I wouldn’t want a partner who seemed to believe there were circumstances where it was okay or unavoidable to cheat.
Last edited by anosmianAcrimony; 4 weeks ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should the school day be extended to help students catch up?

Yes (96)
27.51%
No (253)
72.49%

Watched Threads