Mal.singhh21
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Assume IQ is distributed normally, with a mean of 100 and a standard variation of 15, what is the distribution of sampling means if n=25
Can anyone help, I have no clue what to do
mqb2766
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Mal.singhh21)
Assume IQ is distributed normally, with a mean of 100 and a standard variation of 15, what is the distribution of sampling means if n=25
Can anyone help, I have no clue what to do
Tbh, it should be in your textbook but simply googling the question gives several good descriptions. Probably worth reading up on it first, and then asking about parts you're unsure about.

I presume you mean standard deviation, rather than variation.
Last edited by mqb2766; 1 month ago
Mal.singhh21
Rep:
?
(Original post by mqb2766)
Tbh, it should be in your textbook but simply googling the question gives several good descriptions. Probably worth reading up on it first, and then asking about parts you're unsure about.

I presume you mean standard deviation, rather than variation.
Hi,
Yeah I meant standard deviation. However I have done all the options you have told me, and still don’t understand. Can you help me
mqb2766
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hi,
Yeah I meant standard deviation. However I have done all the options you have told me, and still don’t understand. Can you help me
Which sources did you read and what did you understand?
Mal.singhh21
Rep:
?
Which sources did you read and what did you understand?
I typed the question into google and read the sources that were below, but none of them actually had relevancy to my question. I’m not understanding anything. If you know the answer. Can you explain it to me so I can understand it
mqb2766
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I typed the question into google and read the sources that were below, but none of them actually had relevancy to my question. I’m not understanding anything. If you know the answer. Can you explain it to me so I can understand it
This was pretty much link 1 when I googled.
https://www.khanacademy.org/math/ap-...he-sample-mean
and there were lots of other relevant ones. There are lots of worked examples involving the key, simple formula you need.
Mal.singhh21
Rep:
?
This was pretty much link 1 when I googled.
https://www.khanacademy.org/math/ap-...he-sample-mean
and there were lots of other relevant ones. There are lots of worked examples involving the key, simple formula you need.
Thank you
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (218)
43.6%
I'm worried that I'm not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (56)
11.2%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (38)
7.6%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as 'lesser' because I didn't take exams (106)
21.2%
I don't think that receiving these grades will impact my future (55)
11%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (27)
5.4%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise