User2929
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Name:  16212452740376416041444270238246.jpg
Views: 4
Size:  114.0 KBCould someone help me with this question on whether the speed of the disk decreases exponentially
So far I can only think of a explanation without the use of a mathematical formula and I don't know if that is required for 4 marks:
The higher the speed the higher the rate of change of flux so emf is greater so reduce speed more
The lower the speed the slower the rate of change of flux so emf is less so reduces speed less
So as speed slows down the rate of change of speed decreases
For it to decrease exponentially it must decreases at a rate proportional to its current value
Last edited by User2929; 1 month ago
lordaxil
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Yes, spot on.

If you want to make the explanation more quantitative, you could mention that Lenz's law relates induced emf linearly to rate of change of flux (or rate at which flux lines are cut).
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (139)
42.51%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (38)
11.62%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (27)
8.26%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (70)
21.41%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (34)
10.4%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (19)
5.81%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise