Confirming my identity

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
So i just realised so next month im off to my dads to apply for my first passport but i need someone to confirm its me and i dont have anyone but there could be someone but shes a retired victar so i wasnt sure and was worried that it would be rejected
I could ask a close friend of 2yrs but she hasnt had a job yet so idk who to ask

Any help
Anonymous #1
*Vicar
Anonymous #1
BUMP 🙃
martin7
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
So i just realised so next month im off to my dads to apply for my first passport but i need someone to confirm its me and i dont have anyone but there could be someone but shes a retired victar so i wasnt sure and was worried that it would be rejected
I could ask a close friend of 2yrs but she hasnt had a job yet so idk who to ask
The list of acceptable people contains "minister of a recognised religion" (which would include a vicar). And it's not a problem that she's retired.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by martin7)
The list of acceptable people contains "minister of a recognised religion" (which would include a vicar). And it's not a problem that she's retired.
Thankyou that's very helpful
martin7
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Thankyou that's very helpful
The full guidance is here: https://www.gov.uk/countersigning-passport-applications

And the list of "recognised professions" here: https://www.gov.uk/countersigning-pa...tersignatories
Anonymous #1
Also does anyone know what she would need like would she need to put her passport number and does she need to prove that she was retired vicar all would they just search her up like has anyone done it before
Anonymous #1
Also she used to be a social worker as well and shes known me more than 2 years as shes from my mum bfs mum and also its being done online and im a bit worried about asking her as well to do it for me
Anonymous #1
Bump?
Admit-One
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Also does anyone know what she would need like would she need to put her passport number and does she need to prove that she was retired vicar all would they just search her up like has anyone done it before
Explained in the ‘full guidance’ link above.

Not sure why you’re worried about them verifying her previous profession unless you think she’s lying about being a vicar.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Admit-One)
Explained in the ‘full guidance’ link above.

Not sure why you’re worried about them verifying her previous profession unless you think she’s lying about being a vicar.
Im just worried coz it's not listed and she been vicar for years before she retired 2 yrs ago and she even owed her own church next to her house and shes known me since 2017 and im applying in 2 weeks and im trying to figure out hoe im going to ask her
Admit-One
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Im just worried coz it's not listed and she been vicar for years before she retired 2 yrs ago and she even owed her own church next to her house and shes known me since 2017 and im applying in 2 weeks and im trying to figure out hoe im going to ask her
It is listed. As per Martin’s post above, they are a retired “minister of a recognised religion”.

Just politely explain what you’re applying for and whether they would be willing to vouch that they know you. Vicars tend to be quite a kind bunch so I am sure she’ll be fine with it.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Admit-One)
It is listed. As per Martin’s post above, they are a retired “minister of a recognised religion”.

Just politely explain what you’re applying for and whether they would be willing to vouch that they know you. Vicars tend to be quite a kind bunch so I am sure she’ll be fine with it.
Hi thankyou hopefully she will do it for me as im gonna ask next week and i will update u ya'll in 3 weeks if it was successful or not
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should the school day be extended to help students catch up?

Yes (96)
27.51%
No (253)
72.49%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed