The Student Room Group
City campus, Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield
Visit website

I've just firmed my offer from Sheffield hallam

I've just firmed my conditional offer from Hallam, does anyone have any advice on what should do next(besides wait for my results)
Original post by TinyPizza128
I've just firmed my conditional offer from Hallam, does anyone have any advice on what should do next(besides wait for my results)

Hi @TinyPizza128,

Congratulations on firming up your conditional offer! Once your place is confirmed, you don't need to do anything further. We will send details of what you need to do next. You can spend some time preparing to start your course and getting ready for the start of term. But you have time for all this to happen.

You can spend some time creating your budget, accommodation, food, books and nights out all add up. Creating a simple student budget based on your income and outgoings is a good place to start. This should cover regular, ongoing expenses (rent, utilities, phone bill etc) and any one-off or special occasion costs. If you start thinking about this now, you'll be able to see any holes you need to fill. You might be able to save up from a part-time/summer job for example. There's plenty of apps out there that will help you with this or you could go for a trusting Excel spreadsheet, whatever suits you! Sticking to the budget once you arrive at university is a bit more of a challenge. My top tip would be to move your money around. If you've got everything sitting in one account - you'll be more likely to spend it. So move these into different accounts (or pots depending on your bank), set up direct debit transfers for your weekly budget and give yourself a little bit of a buffer.

One perk of being a student is your student bank account. They'll have extras to catch your eye, free travel cards, discounted cinema tickets and supermarket gift cards. A travelcard will save you money travelling across the country but there might not be a supermarket nearby to make us of it.

Make sure you've sorted out your accommodation by applying via the Sheffield Hallam website. You can apply now and nothing needs to be paid for just yet.

Stacey
Official Sheffield Hallam rep
City campus, Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield
Visit website

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending