Is it rude to tell someone how to drive?

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
I go out with a friend and my mum used to stop me but my uncle sorted it out that she can't stop me going out but I said I am going out with my friend which she was fine with. The issue was she was telling me to tell him to slow down because my friend does drive fast tbf but he follows the speed limits and drives safely. He might just accelerate fast to the speed limit when safe. My mum was just like I should tell him he needs to slow down but I don't feel unsafe with him and I don't feel like he needs to slow down .
tazarooni89
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I think a balance needs to be found.

If you’re genuinely fearing for your health and safety whilst in a car with someone else, it’s probably unreasonable if you’re expected to just sit there and do nothing about it.

Having said that, you do also need to put a certain amount of trust in the driver if you’re willing to be driven by them in the first place. That may mean not commenting on every little thing they’re doing, because it can often serve as a distraction more than anything else.

If you have to comment on someone’s driving, I’d say it’s much better to do it when they’re not actually driving. Wait until the journey is over, or until they’re stopped at a traffic light at least. Unless it’s an emergency. Or if you know they’re terrible at driving just don’t let them drive you to begin with.
Last edited by tazarooni89; 4 weeks ago
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
(Original post by tazarooni89)
I think a balance needs to be found.

If you’re genuinely fearing for your health and safety whilst in a car with someone else, it’s probably unreasonable if you’re expected to just sit there and do nothing about it.

Having said that, you do also need to put a certain amount of trust in the driver if you’re willing to be driven by them in the first place. That may mean not commenting on every little thing they’re doing, because it can often serve as a distraction more than anything else.

If you have to comment on someone’s driving, I’d say it’s much better to do it when they’re not actually driving. Wait until the journey is over, or until they’re stopped at a traffic light at least. Unless it’s an emergency.
I felt safe with him
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should the school day be extended to help students catch up?

Yes (37)
29.84%
No (87)
70.16%

Watched Threads