johnbernard1
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
I have applied for the Human Capital-Organisation Transformation Graduate Scheme at Deloitte. I am due to give a job simulation by the end of tomorrow! I found this forum very late. I don't know if this is the pandemic or in general, but I am panicking a lot and I am drooling in anxiety. PLEASE HELP! Any tips? What questions can I expect? What will be the format of the simulation?
0le
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
What do you mean you are "due to give a job simulation"? I think you mean "I am due to take a job simulation assessment". These are typically just situational tests. Some of them additionally have numerical tests and video assessments.
johnbernard1
Rep:
?
(Original post by 0le)
What do you mean you are "due to give a job simulation"? I think you mean "I am due to take a job simulation assessment". These are typically just situational tests. Some of them additionally have numerical tests and video assessments.
Any special preparations needed?
0le
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by johnbernard1)
Any special preparations needed?
Just read the email that you were given. It should contain all the advice that you need.
Last edited by 0le; 4 weeks ago
johnbernard1
Rep:
?
(Original post by 0le)
Just read the email that you were given. It should contain all the advice that you need.
There is no advice as such, it only states that it will be a set of pre-recorded questions.
0le
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
There is no advice as such, it only states that it will be a set of pre-recorded questions.
So did they tell you whether you need a webcam, a pen and paper, a calculator etc?
johnbernard1
Rep:
?
(Original post by 0le)
So did they tell you whether you need a webcam, a pen and paper, a calculator etc?
they have told just a webcam
0le
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
they have told just a webcam
Right, so there is a video assessment. Most video assessments I have come across ask questions such as "Why the company?", "Why the role?", "What challenges are there is the industry?" and also some competency based questions such as "Describe a time you made a difficult decision" etc.
thrwawy
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
May also get something a bit different like “how would you try to convince someone to...” or “introduce yourself to your...”
SomeWelshGuy123
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by thrwawy)
May also get something a bit different like “how would you try to convince someone to...” or “introduce yourself to your...”
(Original post by 0le)
Right, so there is a video assessment. Most video assessments I have come across ask questions such as "Why the company?", "Why the role?", "What challenges are there is the industry?" and also some competency based questions such as "Describe a time you made a difficult decision" etc.
In fairness the Deloitte ones are a bit bizarre, nothing to do with the company or service line and instead how do you deal with a colleague with personal issues etc.
0le
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by SomeWelshGuy123)
In fairness the Deloitte ones are a bit bizarre, nothing to do with the company or service line and instead how do you deal with a colleague with personal issues etc.
Fair enough.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (71)
38.17%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (18)
9.68%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (12)
6.45%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (45)
24.19%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (25)
13.44%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (15)
8.06%

Watched Threads