The Student Room Group
Medicine at Swansea University
Swansea University
Visit website

Swansea University

Does anyone know if there are ways to make money on campus, campus jobs etc?
I'll hopefully be starting 2021/22
Original post by Mollix
Does anyone know if there are ways to make money on campus, campus jobs etc?
I'll hopefully be starting 2021/22

In previous years students have been able to work in things like Bars in the city centre. There are very limited jobs on any campus and this coming year there are likely to be less jobs as shops and cafes have closed everywhere due to covid. Sorry but it is impossible to know what the position will be from September.
Medicine at Swansea University
Swansea University
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by swanseajack1
In previous years students have been able to work in things like Bars in the city centre. There are very limited jobs on any campus and this coming year there are likely to be less jobs as shops and cafes have closed everywhere due to covid. Sorry but it is impossible to know what the position will be from September.

thank you anyway
There are jobs on campus but they are limited. One option that’s available is that you can apply to be a student ambassador for your subject. This involves attending open days and showing people around the university. This is very competitive though.
There are jobs in the town centre, but they are competitive again, more so since the pandemic. I got a job quite early in first year and worked for all of first and second year, however others in my flat could not get a job.
Past work experience will be beneficial for you, but won’t guarantee anything.
Reply 4
Original post by Phoenixfeather99
There are jobs on campus but they are limited. One option that’s available is that you can apply to be a student ambassador for your subject. This involves attending open days and showing people around the university. This is very competitive though.
There are jobs in the town centre, but they are competitive again, more so since the pandemic. I got a job quite early in first year and worked for all of first and second year, however others in my flat could not get a job.
Past work experience will be beneficial for you, but won’t guarantee anything.

Ahh, Thank you for this!

Quick Reply

Latest