Doge_67
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hello, I'm an int student applying for a foundation year in CS at UoM. I have received a conditional that requires an AP test (similar to an A level).

Here lies the problem; Due to a covid outbreak at my testing center, the test has been postponed 2 weeks later than my original testing date was. Meaning that my results will come out a month later (around mid august) than my deadline to submit my grades (July 31st).

I've already emailed them asking for an extension but I'm worried they wont be able to accommodate that and now ive missed my chance to study in Manchester due to a factor outside of my control. Anyone has any experiences like this or tips on what to do?
AHKS
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Doge_67)
Hello, I'm an int student applying for a foundation year in CS at UoM. I have received a conditional that requires an AP test (similar to an A level).

Here lies the problem; Due to a covid outbreak at my testing center, the test has been postponed 2 weeks later than my original testing date was. Meaning that my results will come out a month later (around mid august) than my deadline to submit my grades (July 31st).

I've already emailed them asking for an extension but I'm worried they wont be able to accommodate that and now ive missed my chance to study in Manchester due to a factor outside of my control. Anyone has any experiences like this or tips on what to do?
You have contacted them to explain the issue which is all you could do. A level results aren't out until mid August either so I am sure they will be able to wait for your results. Make sure you keep all proof the tests were moved rather than you failed to attend them on the first date and I am sure you will be OK but maybe try telephoning to speak to an admissions officer in person to put your mind at rest.
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago

Foundation diploma courses are not ucas courses. Tht means it’s 100% up to University of the Arts London
Doge_67
Rep:
?
(Original post by PQ)
Foundation diploma courses are not ucas courses. Tht means it’s 100% up to University of the Arts London
They are on UCAS under h114? also its the uni of manchester
Doge_67
Rep:
?
(Original post by AHKS)
You have contacted them to explain the issue which is all you could do. A level results aren't out until mid August either so I am sure they will be able to wait for your results. Make sure you keep all proof the tests were moved rather than you failed to attend them on the first date and I am sure you will be OK but maybe try telephoning to speak to an admissions officer in person to put your mind at rest.
Do you know where can I contact the cs foundation admission staff by phone as an int student?
PQ
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
They are on UCAS under h114? also its the uni of manchester
Sorry I misread your post. I thought you put CSM (part of UAL).

Where did they say that your deadline to prove results was 31 July? The standard ucas deadline for results is 31 August.
Doge_67
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
(Original post by PQ)
Sorry I misread your post. I thought you put CSM (part of UAL).

Where did they say that your deadline to prove results was 31 July? The standard ucas deadline for results is 31 August.
it says that in the conditional acceptance letter they sent
PQ
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
it says that in the conditional acceptance letter they sent
When did you email them?

Give it a fortnight for them to reply before chasing for a response.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (139)
42.51%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (38)
11.62%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (27)
8.26%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (70)
21.41%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (34)
10.4%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (19)
5.81%

Watched Threads