hcoxy03
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
How do the bands match up to the grades for A level Edexcel Eng Lit? I’ve heard from my teachers that normally a mid-high band 5 is an A, low band 5/high band 4 B etc etc, but online looking thru grade boundaries it seems much lower than this. Who’s right and who’s wrong?
Deile
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by hcoxy03)
How do the bands match up to the grades for A level Edexcel Eng Lit? I’ve heard from my teachers that normally a mid-high band 5 is an A, low band 5/high band 4 B etc etc, but online looking thru grade boundaries it seems much lower than this. Who’s right and who’s wrong?
I think you should consider the online grade boundaries because they can get updated at anytime, so you just need to keep checking to stay up to date.
Not saying your teachers are totally wrong but maybe they just want you aiming for higher marks so you can get used to it and then in the actual exam it will be an easy one for you. because obviously you want to be getting the high grades right?.
I hope this helps
hcoxy03
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Deile)
I think you should consider the online grade boundaries because they can get updated at anytime, so you just need to keep checking to stay up to date.
Not saying your teachers are totally wrong but maybe they just want you aiming for higher marks so you can get used to it and then in the actual exam it will be an easy one for you. because obviously you want to be getting the high grades right?.
I hope this helps
Yeah I guess. It's annoying though because I consistently hit top band 4 but need an A for university, and I have no idea if my current grades make it in or not
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (16)
39.02%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (4)
9.76%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (2)
4.88%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (9)
21.95%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (5)
12.2%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (5)
12.2%

Watched Threads