aniyah.haider
Badges: 7
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I want to do buisness and management systems in uni later on, and i have to choose A-levels right now. Ive chosen economics and buisness but i need to choose a third subject. I'm not in favour of doing mathematics since i find it abit hard and im aiming for A*. Can you please advice me what third subject i should choose instead?
Ackee-Longlegs
Badges: 6
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 year ago
Hi there,

To answer your question directly. It would depend on the A-Level subjects your sixth form is offering. Without knowing this information. I'd recommend a more practical-based subject like Computing, ICT or Media Studies.

I would advise not doing both Business and Economics together at AS or A-Level. There is a lot of overlap between the two in terms of topics discussed and you might feel like you are learning the same things twice. Universities look at Economics more favourably as an A-Level qualification, so I think you should definitely choose it.

If you don't want to do mathematics with economics. There are some other combinations you can look at like:

• Economics, History, Politics
  • Economics, History, Sociology
  • Economics, Politics, Law
  • Economics, Accounting, Politics
  • Economics, English Literature, Philosophy
  • Economics, History, (GCSE Language you did)

I mention Economics and History a lot because it is a good combination for university and the critical/analytical skills you'll learn from one can help you in the other.

Hope this helps
Last edited by Ackee-Longlegs; 1 year ago
anon1830486
Badges: 15
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
geography maybe its good to study it with business and economics as geography is a facilitating subject where its unis like it s its valuable
University of Surrey Student Rep
Badges: 13
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by aniyah.haider)
I want to do buisness and management systems in uni later on, and i have to choose A-levels right now. Ive chosen economics and buisness but i need to choose a third subject. I'm not in favour of doing mathematics since i find it abit hard and im aiming for A*. Can you please advice me what third subject i should choose instead?
Hi aniyah.haider

If you've already chosen business and econ, I'd choose a subject you're interested in. You'll already have a good base of knowledge with those two, so know choose something you're passionate about and enjoy. It'll be more fun and you'll likely do better.

Elena. Business Management rep.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

What is missing from the school curriculum?

Basic life skills (eg. cooking) (6)
26.09%
Financial skills (eg. taxes, budgeting) (10)
43.48%
First aid skills (2)
8.7%
Personal safety skills (0)
0%
Sign language (4)
17.39%
Expanded sexual health/relationships (0)
0%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (1)
4.35%

Watched Threads