dednedred
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
I am an EU citizen with settlement status currently living in Spain whilst my mother has been living in the UK since 2014, and I have been living in Spain since 2014 for education. I also have an Irish parent and a permanent address in the UK where my mother lives and works as self-employed.

I think I am eligible for a tuition fee loan, however I'd like to confirm it as the government website is a bit confusing.

Also I am assuming I have to apply for a tuition fee loan via the student loan physical applications sending them to student finance england.

My final question is regarding how long I have to send the necessary forms and accompanying evidence to be considered for finance.
SFE Isaac
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by dednedred)
I am an EU citizen with settlement status currently living in Spain whilst my mother has been living in the UK since 2014, and I have been living in Spain since 2014 for education. I also have an Irish parent and a permanent address in the UK where my mother lives and works as self-employed.

I think I am eligible for a tuition fee loan, however I'd like to confirm it as the government website is a bit confusing.

Also I am assuming I have to apply for a tuition fee loan via the student loan physical applications sending them to student finance england.

My final question is regarding how long I have to send the necessary forms and accompanying evidence to be considered for finance.
Hi, with pre settled status, you can apply for the Tuition Fee Loan as a full time undergraduate applicant by completing the EU21N form https://www.gov.uk/student-finance-f...021-to-2022/no

You should apply as soon as possible. It can take up to 6 weeks to be assessed.
Thanks, Isaac
dednedred
Rep:
?
(Original post by SFE Isaac)
Hi, with pre settled status, you can apply for the Tuition Fee Loan as a full time undergraduate applicant by completing the EU21N form https://www.gov.uk/student-finance-f...021-to-2022/no

You should apply as soon as possible. It can take up to 6 weeks to be assessed.
Thanks, Isaac
Thanks for the reply, but on the form it says I should only apply if I live in the UK, should I apply anyways?
SFE Isaac
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Thanks for the reply, but on the form it says I should only apply if I live in the UK, should I apply anyways?
You need to be living in the UK when your course starts and studying in the UK. You can't reside in Spain and receive funding.
Thanks, Isaac
dednedred
Rep:
?
(Original post by SFE Isaac)
You need to be living in the UK when your course starts and studying in the UK. You can't reside in Spain and receive funding.
Thanks, Isaac
So if I am currently in Spain and will be coming over to the UK to study I could submit an application for finance? Im also in Spain for the purpose of study and have an addredd in the UK.
SFE Isaac
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
So if I am currently in Spain and will be coming over to the UK to study I could submit an application for finance? Im also in Spain for the purpose of study and have an addredd in the UK.
If you will be in the UK by the time your course starts and you are at a UK university then yes.

You can view the criteria here https://www.gov.uk/student-finance/who-qualifies
Thanks, Isaac
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Who is winning Euro 2020

France (119)
27.11%
England (156)
35.54%
Belgium (33)
7.52%
Germany (43)
9.79%
Spain (10)
2.28%
Italy (38)
8.66%
Netherlands (14)
3.19%
Other (Tell us who) (26)
5.92%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise