The Student Room Group

Constantly being told I’m fat

I used to be a size 6-8 last year but now I’m a size 12-14. My family keep calling me fat and saying I need to lose weight. I didn’t even realise until I looked at myself in the mirror with disgust. I desperately want to lose weight, I don’t care if it’s not the healthy way. If anyone can give me tips on how to lose weight quickly that will be helpful
Original post by Anonymous
I used to be a size 6-8 last year but now I’m a size 12-14. My family keep calling me fat and saying I need to lose weight. I didn’t even realise until I looked at myself in the mirror with disgust. I desperately want to lose weight, I don’t care if it’s not the healthy way. If anyone can give me tips on how to lose weight quickly that will be helpful

same :frown:... just eat more junk ull feel alot better
Exercise. Even if it's running instead of taking the bus could help. Also cut down on fatty foods and carbohydrates. You can occasionally eat unhealthy (ie once a month) but don't make it a habit. Also cut down serving sizes and brush your teeth afterwards so you don't eat impulsively.

Losing weight unhealthily can lead to serious problems later down the line and you don't want to have to put yourself through that. If you're serious about losing weight then try to eat a balanced diet and do plenty of exercise, it may not be really quick but you'll feel a lot better in the long run than if you went about losing weight in an unhealthy way.
Reply 4
"I can change my weight, but you can't change your face."
Reply 5
Original post by shxttah_x
same :frown:... just eat more junk ull feel alot better

I don’t eat junk anymore Cus I find it gross, but I’m still not losing weight :/
Have you put on weight over lockdown due to drastic changes in eating or exercise habits? :confused:
What is your target weight, dress size or body appearance change?

You can start by stopping all: takeaways, soda drinks, microwaved meals and packaged snacks.
Then doing daily exercise workouts, homecooking all your meals from scratch, reducing your portion sizes and drinking water instead of drinks with a high sugar or dairy content.
I don’t eat junk anymore Cus I find it gross, but I’m still not losing weight :/

seriously tho chill u aint that bad if ur 12/14
your size of clothing doesn't define you and never will. learn to love your body for what it does and not how it looks. you're amazing and incredibly talented in more ways than you know. please don't try and change because someone told you to do so.

if you want to lose weight do it for the right reasons ( eg. health reasons, promote positivity or make YOU feel better not the people around you whether they are your family or not). do not turn to anything extreme - it doesn't last and causes harm short-term and long term. eat a healthy diet ( 3 balanced meals a day & 2 snacks like a smoothie bowl or granola and yogurt) start working out even if it's for 10 mins a day. try doing a 2week exercise program maybe to hold yourself accountable that way it's easier to make it a habit. be persistent and it'll make you feel stronger and confident - don't worry about your clothes size! :smile:
Cut all unnecessary sugars from your diet, BUT DO NOT SKIP MEALS. Start walking if you're crap at excercise like me. Fifteen minutes each day to begin with, before slowly building the time up. Stay hydrated and motivated
Exercise. Even if it's running instead of taking the bus could help. Also cut down on fatty foods and carbohydrates. You can occasionally eat unhealthy (ie once a month) but don't make it a habit. Also cut down serving sizes and brush your teeth afterwards so you don't eat impulsively.

Original post by londonmyst
Have you put on weight over lockdown due to drastic changes in eating or exercise habits? :confused:
What is your target weight, dress size or body appearance change?

You can start by stopping all: takeaways, soda drinks, microwaved meals and packaged snacks.
Then doing daily exercise workouts, homecooking all your meals from scratch, reducing your portion sizes and drinking water instead of drinks with a high sugar or dairy content.

I think it’s the lack of exercise, before corona I would walk around an hour and a half bc of college

How much do you actually weigh? And how tall are you? Context is necessary... your family possibly may have an unusual perception of what being fat is.
Original post by sufys12
How much do you actually weigh? And how tall are you? Context is necessary... your family possibly may have an unusual perception of what being fat is.

I’m 5’4 and 69kg
I’m 5’4 and 69kg

Your Normal Weight Range is

48.89 kg to 65.8 kg according to this random BMI calculator.

You don't need to do any sort of extreme dieting. That will mean any weight loss will eventually backfire. If you take it more slowly then the weight loss will be more permanent (can't think of a better word). You could lose this weight in a month or so.

Quick Reply

Latest