The Student Room Group

Constantly feeling ugly

I don't know why, but even after not using social media much and going out I still look around and feel pretty ugly. Ugly enough to feel upset and sometimes be tearful when I'm walking around or sitting on a train. Maybe it's triggered by seeing other girls as to me I don't really find any girl ugly and think 99.9% are way out of my league but it could be other things I don't know.

I'm a guy in his 20s btw
have u been rejected recently ?
Reply 2
Original post by tashkent46
have u been rejected recently ?

No I haven't. Anyone I've spoken to recently have been strangers or people I was just trying to be friends with
Have you always had these thoughts, or is this something new?
Original post by Anonymous
No I haven't. Anyone I've spoken to recently have been strangers or people I was just trying to be friends with

Tough one. Do you think your feelings would change if a girl you considered pretty liked you ?
Reply 5
Original post by appleworm
Have you always had these thoughts, or is this something new?

I did for a little bit but now they're becoming more common
Reply 6
Tough one. Do you think your feelings would change if a girl you considered pretty liked you ?

Hmm I think I'd feel better but then question why she liked me rather than someone else. My standards aren't very unrealistic so would still be flattering I guess to be liked by anyone
Original post by Anonymous
Hmm I think I'd feel better but then question why she liked me rather than someone else. My standards aren't very unrealistic so would still be flattering I guess to be liked by anyone

I think maybe put yourself out there more ? At least then you'll know if your feelings are objective or not, as harsh as that sounds, if no girl likes you then you probably are ugly, but if you don't ask anyone then you're just preempting a result you might not even get.
Reply 8
I think maybe put yourself out there more ? At least then you'll know if your feelings are objective or not, as harsh as that sounds, if no girl likes you then you probably are ugly, but if you don't ask anyone then you're just preempting a result you might not even get.

I am trying to get out more just don't have good friends really so it's difficult. Indirectly maybe I do ask for numbers but I just get instagram accounts and polite replies when I talk to them irl or text.

When I was at university I heard of nobody fancying me and maybe anxiety means I've still not experienced a kiss yet. It'd be great to go on some dates but I again look at the type of guys most girls are with these days and they mainly seem or look the same. I do hope I'm not ugly.
Reply 9
I don’t know why these feelings are so strong

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending