Is the third date too early to hold hands?

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
I want to hold her hand during our date, is this too early? Should I just ask her?
Ellie_Georgina
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I want to hold her hand during our date, is this too early? Should I just ask her?
I can't tell if this is a troll. If it isn't I'm incredibly sorry. However, I will seriously answer your question nonetheless. The third date is not too early to hold hands at all as long as you and the other person are comfortable with it. You could ask her, if you're really unsure. However, if you think she'll respond well maybe graze her hand/attempt to hold it, but let her take the lead. If she doesn't reciprocate just awkwardly laugh and move your hand away. You're on a date with her, she's honestly, probably thinking the same thing. She's most likely nervous as well and waiting for you to make the first move.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Ellie_Georgina)
I can't tell if this is a troll. If it isn't I'm incredibly sorry. However, I will seriously answer your question nonetheless. The third date is not too early to hold hands at all as long as you and the other person are comfortable with it. You could ask her, if you're really unsure. However, if you think she'll respond well maybe graze her hand/attempt to hold it, but let her take the lead. If she doesn't reciprocate just awkwardly laugh and move your hand away. You're on a date with her, she's honestly, probably thinking the same thing. She's most likely nervous as well and waiting for you to make the first move.
This my first time dating so it's why I ask lmao
PhoenixRose338
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Ellie_Georgina)
It seems like a genuine question from a nervous person imo
anosmianAcrimony
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
It’s very reasonable to hold your date’s hand during the first date. Go for it!
Ellie_Georgina
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
This my first time dating so it's why I ask lmao
Ah, I'm sorry!! <3

Good luck with your date.
Last edited by Ellie_Georgina; 3 weeks ago
YaliaV123
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Wait until after you get married.
Zarek
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
You can definitely up the stakes to hand holding by date #3. You can just offer you hand at the right moment. And if that goes well try moving on to a kiss.
londonmyst
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Not during normal circumstances.
Only during pandemic restriction that mandate social distancing at least 1m from all those outside of your household and support bubble.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Who is winning Euro 2020

France (125)
27.35%
England (164)
35.89%
Belgium (33)
7.22%
Germany (43)
9.41%
Spain (10)
2.19%