Feeling very depressed don’t know what to do

Watch
Krombopulisvoid
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Im 17 in sixth form

For a while recently I’ve been feeling very depressed and I need help but don’t know what to do.
Talking to my parents is out of the question.

I’m having lots of issues:

Struggle speaking to girls
Struggle making friends
I’m very shy
I hate my part time job
I find no motivation to revise for school
I’m always tired
I have terrible health anxiety
I have adult video addiction

I cannot talk to my parents it’s just not possible I can’t talk to them about stuff like that.

I don’t know what to do should I talk to a doctor or school counsellor

A therapist seems a good option but I wouldn’t even know where to start
heldbygrace
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I think doctor or a school counsellor is a really good place to start. Maybe go chat with your school nurse if you have one. They may be able to connect you with school counselling services or help you arrange to have a phone appointment with your doctor at school (to avoid your parents hearing). You could self-refer to CAMHS, but they can be quite oversubscribed, and as far as I know, if you are not ‘urgent’ when deciding to see you they take into account whether you have engaged with school services (ie if you have and it hasn’t worked you are more likely to be seen). There are also crisis lines you can ring, such as the Samaritans or Childline. This website: https://www.blurtitout.org/ is super useful. It has lots of information on depression, it helps you to understand it more.
I hope this helps, you are doing the right thing by trying to reach out, and I promise this will get better. :console:
Wise Goldie
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by heldbygrace)
I think doctor or a school counsellor is a really good place to start. Maybe go chat with your school nurse if you have one. They may be able to connect you with school counselling services or help you arrange to have a phone appointment with your doctor at school (to avoid your parents hearing). You could self-refer to CAMHS, but they can be quite oversubscribed, and as far as I know, if you are not ‘urgent’ when deciding to see you they take into account whether you have engaged with school services (ie if you have and it hasn’t worked you are more likely to be seen). There are also crisis lines you can ring, such as the Samaritans or Childline. This website: https://www.blurtitout.org/ is super useful. It has lots of information on depression, it helps you to understand it more.
I hope this helps, you are doing the right thing by trying to reach out, and I promise this will get better. :console:
i got diagnose last year with depression in november and it helps to talk about it toi someone
Wired_1800
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Krombopulisvoid)
Im 17 in sixth form

For a while recently I’ve been feeling very depressed and I need help but don’t know what to do.

Struggle making friends
I’m very shy
I hate my part time job
I’m always tired

I cannot talk to my parents it’s just not possible I can’t talk to them about stuff like that.

First, stop watching adult videos.

Second, ring your GP and book an appointment. Ask them whether they can refer to you to a counsellor.

Third, look for female friends.
heldbygrace
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Wise Goldie)
i got diagnose last year with depression in november and it helps to talk about it toi someone
Aww Goldie. I got diagnosed with depression 2 weeks ago. We can do it Goldie :hugs: always here for you :yes:
Wise Goldie
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Aww Goldie. I got diagnosed with depression 2 weeks ago. We can do it Goldie :hugs: always here for you :yes:
did you not pray about it lol

that a joke

your right it sucked me down so i was really low and hated myself i hope you get better soom miririam :console:

maybe it cos you have exams soon
heldbygrace
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Wise Goldie)
did you not pray about it lol

that a joke

your right it sucked me down so i was really low and hated myself i hope you get better soom miririam :console:

maybe it cos you have exams soon
Hang on a few mins, I’ll reply in vm becuse I don’t want to derail the thread.
2003a39
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
- Depression - Take Vitamin D supplements everyday, eat more protein. Small, basic changes helped me too.
- Girls - Seems like partial social anxiety, email your tutor or something, it'll definitely help, I've been through this.
- Quit your job. It's for the best.
- No Motivation? Ask your Tutor to assign you a time for revision, revising at home may not be for you.
- Healthy Anxiety - GP speak to him/her.
- Adult video addiction - This one is difficult, the best you can do is an alternative, quitting is not viable and the success rate is very low. Watch twerking videos on YouTube, they'll do fine. If you're really desparate, go back to adult videos, but then go back to YouTube. You don't feel as bad after ejaculating too.
Kerzen
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Im 17 in sixth form

Struggle making friends
I’m very shy
I hate my part time job
I’m always tired

I would start with Childline at this point, perhaps making an appointment with your GP later on.

https://www.childline.org.uk/get-support/
Hdisososb
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Im 17 in sixth form

Struggle making friends
I’m very shy
I hate my part time job
I’m always tired

Hey damn that sucks and ive been feeling the same way especially at 17 if u wanna talk to me about it i wouldnt mind,my part time job was the worst lol
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (88)
38.1%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (25)
10.82%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (17)
7.36%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (56)
24.24%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (28)
12.12%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (17)
7.36%

Watched Threads