EmmaShaker
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
My name is Emma Shaker and I am interested in applying for a Doctoral Loan to fund my PhD Economics postgraduate course at The Open University, but I still have not repaid my Masters loan yet. Am I eligible for the Postgraduate Doctoral Loan?
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
As long as you have made any requested repayments and aren’t in arrears then your other loans don’t affect your eligibility for another loan
EmmaShaker
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
(Original post by PQ)
As long as you have made any requested repayments and aren’t in arrears then your other loans don’t affect your eligibility for another loan
Good Evening, Am I eligible for a postgraduate PhD loan? I have received a loan for the Masters which I completed last year. I have a mental health disability and I am not working but I am looking for work.
PQ
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by EmmaShaker)
Good Evening, Am I eligible for a postgraduate PhD loan? I have received a loan for the Masters which I completed last year. I have a mental health disability and I am not working but I am looking for work.
Have you paid any repayments that SFE have asked for?
EmmaShaker
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Hi, I have not paid any repayments to SFE yet, as I have a mental health problem but as soon as I find work, I will start paying the repayments to SFE.
PQ
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by EmmaShaker)
Hi, I have not paid any repayments to SFE yet, as I have a mental health problem but as soon as I find work, I will start paying the repayments to SFE.
As long as you are not in arrears with SFE (ie you have paid what they’ve asked you to repay) then you’ll be fine to apply for a doctoral loan.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (151)
43.77%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (40)
11.59%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (28)
8.12%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (72)
20.87%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (34)
9.86%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (20)
5.8%

Watched Threads