The Student Room Group

Warwick or Bath for bioscience?

I have made.. so many threads about my uni choices. Forgive me. Keeping it short and simple: warwick or bath for biochemistry? Lots of pros/cons for both. Very torn.
(edited 2 years ago)
If you are torn and can’t decide then flip a coin. There’s no wrong choice if you like them both.
Both are good Unis for STEM. Both are modern campuses - Warwick is actually close to Coventry, so choose Bath if you prefer Georgian sandstone architecture to 1960s post-war ugliness.
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 3
Original post by telkov
I have made.. so many threads about my uni choices. Forgive me. Keeping it short and simple: warwick or bath for biochemistry? Lots of pros/cons for both. Very torn.

Same for me, think I prefer the look of Bath and that’s my gut but Warwick seems good too - the crunch is the grades I need to get in are lower for Warwick - which you would think would mean it was a no brainier - yet I’m still torn between Bath & Warwick 😩
Reply 4
Original post by Rehsu
Same for me, think I prefer the look of Bath and that’s my gut but Warwick seems good too - the crunch is the grades I need to get in are lower for Warwick - which you would think would mean it was a no brainier - yet I’m still torn between Bath & Warwick 😩

Idk if this helps but I think I am going to go to Bath... Simply because I had already firmed it when I made this post, but I was wondering if I should hassle the unis and swap my firm/insurance for Warwick :redface:. I've already settled my student finance and accommodation... do I really want to mess that up now? For me, I would mostly be going to Warwick for the prestige so I decided to suck it up and realise there's more to life than a RG uni. I'm not worried about grades. Plus, I do prefer the course at Bath and like their support for placement years. I'm doing a placement year & integrated masters. Also Bath is so pretty (not the best reason, ik). From all the advice I've gotten from my many posts about this, Bath and Warwick are pretty similar so hopefully either decision is a good one.
Original post by telkov
there's more to life than a RG uni.

RG is just a daft marketing term thought up by a bunch of Uni who felt threatened by the 'new' ex-Poly Unis in 1994.
Plenty of Unis who anyone would regard as a 'top Uni' are not members of RG - Bath, St Andrews, Lancaster for starters - and this actually shows you how daft the whole 'RG' thing is.

Bath is an amazing Uni, and certainly on a par with Warwick. You like the Uni, you like the course - then that really is what matters.
Enjoy Bath - you'll have a fabulous 3 years.
Original post by telkov

Where did you choose in the end. Good choice? I’m wondering the same myself.
Original post by Maddie57
Where did you choose in the end. Good choice? I’m wondering the same myself.

They firmed bath

Quick Reply

Latest