The Student Room Group
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website

Can I get into Lancaster University to do Engineering if I don't meet their grades

I have received an offer from Lancaster to study Engineering, with the grade requirements being ABB (including Maths). However, I am only predicted ABBC, with the C being in Maths (as well as a pass in grade 8 flute and grade 8 music theory). How likely is it that I would get in with these grades?

Edit: My other subjects are Product Design (A), Physics (B), Music (B).
(edited 2 years ago)
im not sure about how strict Lancaster is but a c in maths, which is fundamental for engineering, makes it seem quite unlikely
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website
Original post by JohnSmith1947529
I have received an offer from Lancaster to study Engineering, with the grade requirements being ABB (including Maths). However, I am only predicted ABBC, with the C being in Maths (as well as a pass in grade 8 flute and grade 8 music theory). How likely is it that I would get in with these grades?

Yea I think the maths is likely to be your biggest issue.

Ultimately only Lancaster can say but I think it might be an issue.

An engineering degree is pretty much applied mathematics, your first few weeks are going to include learning further maths content and a whole bunch of applied mathematics in other modules. It’s not ideal to start an engineering degree with a weak mathematical foundation imo.
Reply 3
Maths will likely be an issue, so thats up to the uni to decide. But on results in 2019 I received ABC as my grades and still got into the university on my course despite the entry requirements for my course being ABB, so it is possible.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending