I think i love my ex - it's been 2 years.

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Idk if anyone has been in this position where they are the reason for the break-up, carry the guilt and heartbreak for years and think of them every single day and miss them severely. At this point, I don't know what to. Do I still love him? Is it just the happy memories I miss? Do I need closure and how?

pls send help xoxo
Anonymous #2
Report 4 weeks ago
I think you have a problem
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Anonymous)
I think you have a problem
you don't sayyyy???? :/
Hazzz01
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
maybe talk to a therapist first?
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Hazzz01)
maybe talk to a therapist first?
I'm in the process but she's not very helpful tbh
Anonymous #2
Report 4 weeks ago
you don't sayyyy???? :/
You've got something seriously wrong
Anonymous #1
(Original post by BigskinnyPP69)
*****. Calm down stop hoeing around close them legs and open a book. Leave the poor man alone as he’s probably doing better without you in his life. We don’t need my guy tied down by your issues. Now begon thot.
i mean i don't really know how respond to that one besides erm, thanks??
rdre
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
i mean i don't really know how respond to that one besides erm, thanks??
Don't listen to him, he's just trolling. A word of advice on your situation, it's been two years, and its' already ended. Move on and realise there are millions of people who are better/ more attractive out there. I suggest you block/remove him on socials and just try and forget and move on. Don't sift through old trash looking for food when you have a whole buffet out there.
Anonymous #3
Report 4 weeks ago
Idk if anyone has been in this position where they are the reason for the break-up, carry the guilt and heartbreak for years and think of them every single day and miss them severely. At this point, I don't know what to. Do I still love him? Is it just the happy memories I miss? Do I need closure and how?

pls send help xoxo
Tell him how you feel. There's a good chance he feels the same way tbh, I've got plenty of male friends that have been dumped by their gf's/dumped them and regretted it years later. I know a few girls that have done the same too so there's a good chance it's the same with him. You are best off saying to him how you feel and if he doesn't feel the same way back then move on but if he does (which he will more than likely) you've got him back. You've got nothing to lose and everything to gain by doing this so tbh it's the best option for you.
YaliaV123
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Do you think you’re just looking back with rose-tinted glasses? Sometimes it’s easy to think of an ex if you’re feeling lonely or sad. Are you happy in general?
Anonymous #1
(Original post by rdre)
Don't listen to him, he's just trolling. A word of advice on your situation, it's been two years, and its' already ended. Move on and realise there are millions of people who are better/ more attractive out there. I suggest you block/remove him on socials and just try and forget and move on. Don't sift through old trash looking for food when you have a whole buffet out there.
Thank you I really appreciate that x
Anonymous #1
Tell him how you feel. There's a good chance he feels the same way tbh, I've got plenty of male friends that have been dumped by their gf's/dumped them and regretted it years later. I know a few girls that have done the same too so there's a good chance it's the same with him. You are best off saying to him how you feel and if he doesn't feel the same way back then move on but if he does (which he will more than likely) you've got him back. You've got nothing to lose and everything to gain by doing this so tbh it's the best option for you.
Honestly, I think about telling him how I feel a LOT, but it's impossible I think he may have a new gf. I haven't spoken to him in literally two years after I broke both of our hearts. And the worst part is, I didn't break up with him because I stopped loving him. I ended it because of petty comments from others that I took to heart way more than I should've.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by YaliaV123)
Do you think you’re just looking back with rose-tinted glasses? Sometimes it’s easy to think of an ex if you’re feeling lonely or sad. Are you happy in general?
It's difficult to judge. I have times of happiness but with how everything has gone with the pandemic in the last year and a bit I haven't been my best. It's like I always have him in the back of my mind so any spare chance I get to think to myself, it's him. Then whenever I feel sad or lonely the feelings are enhanced. It's tricky
Anonymous #4
Report 4 weeks ago

pls send help xoxo
Just do it even if

Honestly, I think about telling him how I feel a LOT, but it's impossible I think he may have a new gf. I haven't spoken to him in literally two years after I broke both of our hearts. And the worst part is, I didn't break up with him because I stopped loving him. I ended it because of petty comments from others that I took to heart way more than I should've.
Thats why you shouldn't listen to others. What are the petty comments your friends made about him? Just message him and you'll know if he has a new girlfriend or not.
Anonymous #1
Just do it even if

Thats why you shouldn't listen to others. What are the petty comments your friends made about him? Just message him and you'll know if he has a new girlfriend or not.
See there was like a 2 year age gap where I was older. I never once saw it as an issue since like loads of people who together have an age gap but the more people started to laugh about it the more it got to me. I haven't been in contact with him in like forever but I saw him in the middle of town with a new girl. Kinda sucks :/
parmezanne
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I reckon everyone goes through this at some point - and COVID probably made it far worse! If you have nothing else to think about, then of course you're going to be envious of where you were when you had a significant other.

I'd recommend you take some real time to think about why you miss him. Do you really miss him, or do you feel a little lonely right now? Why was he so special? Why do you need someone / specifically him?

I'd suggest an entire month of good ol' self love and see how you feel then. Worked for me :yep:
Anonymous #1
Thank you so much, this is really helpful
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (88)
38.26%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (25)
10.87%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (17)
7.39%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (55)
23.91%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (28)
12.17%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (17)
7.39%

Watched Threads