Foundation Degree entry requirements

Watch
Rainpo
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
I’m getting a lot of mixed messages when it comes to foundation degrees and their entry expectations. Ultimately, I know what course I want to enter, which is in the creative field, and I have a decent portfolio to support my interests. I am not interested in doing another access course, if I can help it, because I am pressed to do them in subjects I’m not interested in due to Art and Design being locally inaccessible. I have decent GCSEs but have yet completed any Level 3 qualifications, which I believe makes me unqualified for a foundation degree based on the entry requirements I’m seeing? It’s all quite confusing.

Any help is appreciated. I’d just like to hear from other mature students if they’ve entered foundation courses with only GCSEs, if that’s possible.
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Are you talking about a:

Foundation DEGREE - a 2 year full time university qualification equivalent to an HND or the first 2 years of a BA?

A foundation YEAR - an additional year added on to the start of a degree taught at a university.

An art & design Foundation DIPLOMA - a 1 year freestanding FE qualification taught at a sixth form, fe college or university. Designed to bridge the gap between A levels and a degree.

As a mature student it’s often worth just speaking to course providers and ignoring the standard requirements.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Who is winning Euro 2020

France (89)
26.65%
England (110)
32.93%
Belgium (27)
8.08%
Germany (39)
11.68%
Spain (7)
2.1%