Simon UK
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
I am wanting to start an OU course and apply for a mature student loan. If I apply for the certificate course (1 year), can I then apply for the degree course loan one year later (basically then having 2 loans), is this possible? The threshold of £27295 before I start paying back the loan, are there any guarantees that this will increase with inflation and not go downwards? What happens upon retirement if a loan is still outstanding. Thanks for your help.
SFE Isaac
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Simon UK)
I am wanting to start an OU course and apply for a mature student loan. If I apply for the certificate course (1 year), can I then apply for the degree course loan one year later (basically then having 2 loans), is this possible? The threshold of £27295 before I start paying back the loan, are there any guarantees that this will increase with inflation and not go downwards? What happens upon retirement if a loan is still outstanding. Thanks for your help.
Hi Simon,

In order to determine your eligibility, please confirm:

1. Which university and course you are looking to start your studies with?
2. How old you are.
3. Your nationality, current status and time spent within the UK.
4. Any previous study and qualifications you may hold.

The loan is written off after so many years, you can learn more here https://www.gov.uk/repaying-your-stu...n/what-you-pay
Thanks, Isaac
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should the school day be extended to help students catch up?

Yes (41)
28.87%
No (101)
71.13%

Watched Threads