Ramu456
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
I'm applying to KCS for sixth form, and know it's really competitive and was wondering if anyone knew what to expect on the exam, also what i need to revise for the exam - especially the general exam. Also, if you do go to King's sixth form, what is the type of atmosphere at the school and when you first joined how easy was it to meet everyone, friend wise and also in general??
xOutcast
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hi, there!
I've just finished my last year of A Levels (Year 13/Upper Sixth) at KCS and joined in Year 9/Fourth Form. As such, I don't have much comment regarding the entrance exams, but I've asked a couple of friends and will get back to you on that

It's hard to say anything bad about the induction process and the way things worked because honestly there isn't that much to say. Everyone is so welcoming and there's honestly a place for everyone. Despite the lockdown, I think the new Year 12s/Lower Sixth formers have settled in well and in lessons and in the Sixth Form Centre, you'll find the people who you'll be friends with. If you have any specific questions, I'd be more than happy to answer them!
Ramu456
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hey!

Thanks so much for your help! It's currently my top choice for sixth from and I think I would really enjoy going there, but I was wondering, from your perspective, how was the integration with the new students in the sixth form and overall did everyone manage to settle in well? Also I was wondering if you had heard from any of your friends who had taken the entrance exams how they found it any any advice they could give me? I'm quite nervous about the exams as I have heard they are quite difficult, and it is quite a competitive school to get into.
Also, how was the social life outside and inside the school?

Sorry I know those are a lot of questions, and hope it would be ok if I asked, and thank you so much for your help!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (38)
29.01%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (12)
9.16%
No I am happy with my choice (72)
54.96%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (9)
6.87%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise