jt0613
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
I'm having a bit of trouble choosing between the University of Westminster and Middlesex for my psychology course. I've heard good things about both of them and I'm leaning towards Middlesex but I wanted to gather more opinions about these two. My sister graduated from Westminster so it's a safe choice for me and I've heard one of my relatives say they visited Middlesex and it wasn't for them, so they chose to attend Westminster. However she does sociology so it's quite different, I just wanted to know which university would be better for psychology before I finalised my choice
Middlesex University
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by jt0613)
I'm having a bit of trouble choosing between the University of Westminster and Middlesex for my psychology course. I've heard good things about both of them and I'm leaning towards Middlesex but I wanted to gather more opinions about these two. My sister graduated from Westminster so it's a safe choice for me and I've heard one of my relatives say they visited Middlesex and it wasn't for them, so they chose to attend Westminster. However she does sociology so it's quite different, I just wanted to know which university would be better for psychology before I finalised my choice
Hi! My name is Aleks and I am an ambassador at Middlesex University! We offer a variety of Psychology courses. The BSc Psychology course will give you the skills needed to pursue exciting career opportunities, ranging from clinical psychology and forensics to government policy and elite sports coaching. If you want to find out more about it, you can visit our website: https://www.mdx.ac.uk/courses/underg...chology-degree.

I am currently studying BA Advertising, PR and Branding, however, I believe that you would benefit most from talking to our ambassador that is currently studying BSc Psychology with Education, Qadeer. They will be able to tell you about their experience at the university. You can contact them here: https://www.mdx.ac.uk/student-life/chat-with-students.

I hope this is helpful! If I can help you with anything else, please let me know!

Kind regards,
Aleks
University of Surrey Student Rep
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hi there!

It's a very difficult decision choosing what university to attend, however some tips I have is to look closer into each course, the modules etc. From there, have a general idea of what course you like better, what modules appeal to you more. You can also look at the university itself, compare the universities based on facilities, support or literally anything you think is important to you for a university to have, You can have a look at accommodation or the town. That way you are taking into account many factors that may help you decide. I would also suggest speaking to your family and friends about each university and see which one you're more passionate about when speaking to them. Also does your sister know anyone that does Psychology? She may be able to speak to them and get their opinion on Westminster.

I hope this helps, and if you do have any questions, please let me know!

Becca (2nd Year Psychology Student)
James-Uni of Westminster
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hi there!

It's great to hear you are interested in potentially studying at the University of Westminster!

This is a very popular and hands-on course which provides a great mixture of theory and practical work. The course is taught at our Cavendish campus in central London where you will have access to purpose built labs with sound proof rooms, lie detectors, motion sickness chairs and Transcranial Magnetic Stimulations that send magnetic pulses to your brain to see how it changes your thinking mood.

Many of our students take up the opportunity to have an additional work placement year between Years 2 and 3, experiencing work under supervision in a psychological setting. Students have secured placements in a range of settings including advertising agencies, drug rehabilitation units, prisons, psychiatric clinics and schools for children with special needs.

On successful completion of the work placement year, you’ll be eligible for the award of Psychology with Professional Placement BSc on graduation to recognise the skills and experience you’ve developed over the course of this extra year of study. Alternatively, you have the opportunity to spend an additional year between Years 2 and 3 studying at one of our international partner universities. On successful completion, you’ll be eligible for the award of Psychology with International Study BSc on graduation.

As well as pursuing careers as Chartered Psychologists our graduates go on to pursue academic research and to careers in teaching, health and social care, human resources, advertising, marketing and business.

Of course choice you make is entirely up to you and although we hope to see you at Westminster come September, I wish you all the best of luck in whatever path you do take

Best wishes,

James
Course Enquiries Team
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (40)
26.67%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (14)
9.33%
No I am happy with my choice (85)
56.67%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (11)
7.33%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed