AA..
Badges: 16
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I have a science exam on the following topics next month:
Section 1 - Chemistry
Atomic structure including working out the number of protons, neutrons and electrons
Structure of the periodic table (groups, periods, atomic number and relative atomic mass)
Word equations
Elements and compounds including chemical formulae
History of the periodic table and the modern periodic table
Trends in melting/boiling points of group 1 and 7
Reactivity trends in group 1 and 7
Comparing group 1 metals with “normal” metals

Section 2 - Physics
Energy stores and transfer (including wasted energy)
Energy sources used to make electricity (including advantages and disadvantages)
Efficiency including a calculation (equation given)
Power calculation from energy transferred and time (equation not given) including rearranging the equation
Gravitational potential energy calculation (equation not given)
Kinetic energy calculation (equation not given) including rearranging

Section 3 - Biology
Animal and plant cell structure
Diffusion
Active transport
Osmosis
Breathing
Respiration (definition and purpose)
Mitosis
Stem cells including the advantages and disadvantages of their use

My exam board is AQA. Please could you post revision tips for those topics or in general.

Thanks!
Last edited by AA..; 1 year ago
nnth
Badges: 21
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by AA..)
Section 1 - Chemistry
Atomic structure including working out the number of protons, neutrons and electrons
Structure of the periodic table (groups, periods, atomic number and relative atomic mass)
Word equations

Section 2 - Physics
Energy sources used to make electricity (including advantages and disadvantages)
Power calculation from energy transferred and time (equation not given) including rearranging the equation

Section 3 - Biology
Diffusion
Active transport
Osmosis
Breathing
Mitosis

My exam board is AQA. Please could you post revision tips for those topics or in general.

Thanks!
1) Make flashcards of the key terms, words, and equations that you have to memorize. Quizlet is a good source for this.
2) Find past papers and separate the questions into the categories that you stated. Everyday do some of these practise questions from each subject. For the ones you get wrong, write out the right answer on a physical flashcard and staple it above the question (watch Harvey Frederick's YouTube video to see this in full: https://youtu.be/E09vJeLCT2A)
3) Make visually compelling mind-maps which link different areas together and are colourful and have lots of pictures
4) Use spaced repetition, the Get Revising revision planner may help you with this

Hope this helps
AA..
Rep:
(Original post by nnth)
1) Make flashcards of the key terms, words, and equations that you have to memorize. Quizlet is a good source for this.
2) Find past papers and separate the questions into the categories that you stated. Everyday do some of these practise questions from each subject. For the ones you get wrong, write out the right answer on a physical flashcard and staple it above the question (watch Harvey Frederick's YouTube video to see this in full: https://youtu.be/E09vJeLCT2A)
3) Make visually compelling mind-maps which link different areas together and are colourful and have lots of pictures
4) Use spaced repetition, the Get Revising revision planner may help you with this

Hope this helps
Thanks, I haven't every used the Harvey Frederick's videos, but I'll take a look. The get revising planner didn't work out too well for me, but the other tips are great. Thanks so much!
scimus63
Badges: 9
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
for the chemistry try the following website, it has notes and questions with answers, might help a bit
https://www.science-revision.co.uk/
bxaanca
Badges: 12
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by AA..)
Section 1 - Chemistry
Word equations

Section 2 - Physics

Section 3 - Biology
Diffusion
Active transport
Osmosis
Breathing
Mitosis

Thanks!
this is just B1, C1 abd P1. the workload is not that much.

but for learning content use free science lessons.
then use active recall techniques to retain the content. then do exam questions on physics and maths tutor 😃
AA..
Rep:
(Original post by scimus63)
for the chemistry try the following website, it has notes and questions with answers, might help a bit
https://www.science-revision.co.uk/
Ok, thanks; I'll take a look.
AA..
Rep:
(Original post by bxaanca)
this is just B1, C1 abd P1. the workload is not that much.

but for learning content use free science lessons.
then use active recall techniques to retain the content. then do exam questions on physics and maths tutor 😃
Thank you; I'll try that.
pk027
Badges: 10
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
free science lessons videos
seneca learning website
AA..
Rep:
(Original post by pk027)
free science lessons videos
seneca learning website
Thanks so much; I use seneca and find it really useful!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were exams easier or harder than you expected?

Easier (21)
27.63%
As I expected (23)
30.26%
Harder (28)
36.84%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (4)
5.26%

Watched Threads