z142
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hey

I was wondering if I was to accept a place at uni would I still be able to access clearing somehow to seek a better uni.
jennybear
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Yes-through 'Adjustment' - it's like clearing but is for people like you who hold an offer but want to change to a 'better' uni. Most unis will be full though (Note: to be eligible for this you have to EXCEED your firm offer). There is a separate vacancy list for adjustment and is not as well advertised so you won't have the benefit of online search lists etc

There is more info here: https://www.ucas.com/ucas/undergradu...etter-expected

If you don't exceed your firm choice grades but still want to try another uni, you can ask your firm to 'release' you into clearing. (They can say no, but are very unlikely to because they know you aren't interested in going there). Once you are 'released' you do not hold your place any more at your original uni and so you won't be able to go back. There's nothing to stop you from checking vacancies though before going into clearing though
McGinger
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
What Happens on Results Day - read it all : https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/res...el-results-day
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by jennybear)
Yes-through 'Adjustment' - it's like clearing but is for people like you who hold an offer but want to change to a 'better' uni. Most unis will be full though (Note: to be eligible for this you have to EXCEED your firm offer). There is a separate vacancy list for adjustment and is not as well advertised so you won't have the benefit of online search lists etc

There is more info here: https://www.ucas.com/ucas/undergradu...etter-expected

If you don't exceed your firm choice grades but still want to try another uni, you can ask your firm to 'release' you into clearing. (They can say no, but are very unlikely to because they know you aren't interested in going there). Once you are 'released' you do not hold your place any more at your original uni and so you won't be able to go back. There's nothing to stop you from checking vacancies though before going into clearing though
There’s no vacancy list for adjustment

And there’s no need to ask a firm choice to release an applicant into clearing anymore. Once an applicant has an unconditional firm and clearing opens in July they can release themselves into clearing instantly using the “decline my place” function on ucas track.

Some universities will accept released applicants back through clearing if they change their mind. It’s at their discretion but it’s fairly common.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (194)
43.69%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (50)
11.26%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (35)
7.88%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (93)
20.95%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (47)
10.59%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (25)
5.63%

Watched Threads