jcrr
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
'Outline how geospatial data can be used to present place characteristics'

I understand the general gist of the question, however I'm unsure as to how I can get four marks. Any pointers?
Lina_24518
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by jcrr)
'Outline how geospatial data can be used to present place characteristics'

I understand the general gist of the question, however I'm unsure as to how I can get four marks. Any pointers?
since this is changing places the answer can be very broad when it says 'place characteristics' you could talk about how it affects place meaning/identity and still get marks
- geospatial data and what it is
-it is a mix of cartographic and database data of a location in turn, which can outline/ highlight a place's characteristics
- geospatial data can influence the way people think, behave and perceive a place and its characteristics
- example to get u more application to changing places and place characteristics marks you could outline a type of geospatial data such as chloropleth maps which highlight poverty lets say, show that the endogenous makeup of the place is in poverty... idk u can be broad
haroldstyles
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
add points about how data collection of an area SUCH AS environmental quality surveys, of areas can present an area and other ideas could how maps can contain data about a place.
Basically any data collection that is related to what a places characteristics are-use them as examples.

I think i blabbed on something about the data presented on a map and how it can present the characteristics through distances between landmarks and the services within an area etc
sorry that was so vague i literally cant remember anything
Lina_24518
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by haroldstyles)
add points about how data collection of an area SUCH AS environmental quality surveys, of areas can present an area and other ideas could how maps can contain data about a place.
Basically any data collection that is related to what a places characteristics are-use them as examples.

I think i blabbed on something about the data presented on a map and how it can present the characteristics through distances between landmarks and the services within an area etc
sorry that was so vague i literally cant remember anything
wait wasn't the question on about how it affects place meaning in particular and not place characteristics in the 2020 exam this question was in?
haroldstyles
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by Lina_24518)
wait wasn't the question on about how it affects place meaning in particular and not place characteristics in the 2020 exam this question was in?
oh flip i cant even remember umm the wording was really weird but Im pretty sure it was characteristics BUT please dont hold me to that- ive kinda blanked out everything now haha so cant really remember
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Poll: What factors affect your mental health most right now? Post-lockdown edition

Anxiousness about restrictions easing (24)
6.02%
Uncertainty around my education (45)
11.28%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (46)
11.53%
Lack of purpose or motivation (52)
13.03%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (20)
5.01%
Impact lockdown had on physical health (18)
4.51%
Social worries (incl. loneliness/making friends) (41)
10.28%
Financial worries (27)
6.77%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (17)
4.26%
Exposure to negative news/social media (26)
6.52%
Difficulty accessing real life entertainment (11)
2.76%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (40)
10.03%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (32)
8.02%

Watched Threads