The Student Room Group

What were your grades like during year 12

I want to get an idea of what people ended year 12 on, specifically in biology, chemistry and geo.
I enjoy chemistry the most and am getting A's and B's in the exams we've done so far. Is there a lot of potential to improve from year 12 to 13 or is it slow?
i do chemistry alevel and year 13 is much harder than year 12, if you are able to keep up with A's and B's, you'll be fine
Reply 2
Original post by tahrimah55
i do chemistry alevel and year 13 is much harder than year 12, if you are able to keep up with A's and B's, you'll be fine

We are doing year 13 content for both chemistry and biology because we haven't been able to do many practicals. What was your hardest topic for chemistry?
Original post by t0897
We are doing year 13 content for both chemistry and biology because we haven't been able to do many practicals. What was your hardest topic for chemistry?

It has to be NMR, i could never wrap my head around it
Reply 4
It has to be NMR, i could never wrap my head around it

I haven't done that topic yet but I it sounds hard from what I saw online
If you don't mind me asking, what have you gone onto studying if you went to uni?
Reply 5
I got a D in chemistry at the end of the lower sixth.
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 6
Original post by Tolgash
I got a D in chemistry at the end of the lower sixth.

What was your final A-level grade if you don't mind me asking?
Reply 7
Original post by t0897
What was your final A-level grade if you don't mind me asking?

I got a B in the end.
Reply 8
Original post by t0897
I want to get an idea of what people ended year 12 on, specifically in biology, chemistry and geo.
I enjoy chemistry the most and am getting A's and B's in the exams we've done so far. Is there a lot of potential to improve from year 12 to 13 or is it slow?

A lot of people do not do as well as they wanted in year 12, shouldn't worry as people pick it up in the summer and do better in year 13 and get a good final grade, some of my friends got E's and D's in year 12 but they worked really hard in the summer and got B-A* in yr 13 mocks
Reply 9
Original post by Tolgash
I got a B in the end.

That's such a large jump from a D! I hope I can improve as well
Original post by t0897
I haven't done that topic yet but I it sounds hard from what I saw online
If you don't mind me asking, what have you gone onto studying if you went to uni?

I am doing chemistry in uni, I start in september.
Reply 11
Original post by Jamzx04
A lot of people do not do as well as they wanted in year 12, shouldn't worry as people pick it up in the summer and do better in year 13 and get a good final grade, some of my friends got E's and D's in year 12 but they worked really hard in the summer and got B-A* in yr 13 mocks

Wow thanks I'll continue to work hard then, I was planning on going over topics in the summer so I enter year 13 refreshed
Reply 12
I am doing chemistry in uni, I start in september.

Wow good luck! Did you apply for a degree with a year in industry/abroad?
Original post by t0897
Wow good luck! Did you apply for a degree with a year in industry/abroad?

i just applied for BSc, but I will try to get a year in industry if I am able to, are you planning to go university?
Original post by t0897

I’m a year 13 student studying both biology and chemistry and it definitely gets harder in the second year. For biology the content is more detailed and the questions are a lot harder. For chemistry it’s quite difficult too as it just gets so complicated. The grades youre getting now are amazing so if you keep this up for year 13 too then I’m sure you’ll do amazing. Just make sure you do LOTS of exam practice and the only way to revise is by doing questions.
I did the official AS exams at the end of year 12 and got AAAA (A* doesn't exist for official exams).
Original post by t0897
That's such a large jump from a D! I hope I can improve as well

You definitely can!
Original post by t0897
Wow thanks I'll continue to work hard then, I was planning on going over topics in the summer so I enter year 13

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCps4gUjfZsu6-b-7mwK41lg - a level chemistry
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGEwbjI1TxytDMoxmvHfWmA - a level bio
https://elliesalevelrevision.wordpress.com/category/geography/ (model A* geo answers) - IDK if you do Edexcel geo
+ https://geographyrevisionalevel.weebly.com/
Reply 19

the geo websites seem much more useful than the ones I used to use.

Quick Reply

Latest