The Student Room Group

Business Level 3

Hi, i’m thinking of taking Business Level 3 National Extended Diploma next year. I wonder could anyone tell me about the course eg difficulty or if it is enjoyable etc. Any information would be appreciated:smile:

Scroll to see replies

Original post by gstudent12345
Hi, i’m thinking of taking Business Level 3 National Extended Diploma next year. I wonder could anyone tell me about the course eg difficulty or if it is enjoyable etc. Any information would be appreciated:smile:

Hi there, I am currently studying the level 3 business extended diploma at a top school. I am loving it. However I have heard that it is not done very well at many schools so I would be careful and ask around ( if people have done it at your college/school previously). Also make sure they did the new one ( with the exam units). Hope this helps
Original post by Charlie bower
Hi there, I am currently studying the level 3 business extended diploma at a top school. I am loving it. However I have heard that it is not done very well at many schools so I would be careful and ask around ( if people have done it at your college/school previously). Also make sure they did the new one ( with the exam units). Hope this helps

Thank you so much for getting back to me. What type of content does the course involve? Eg what tasks would you complete on a day to day basis
Thank you so much for getting back to me. What type of content does the course involve? Eg what tasks would you complete on a day to day basis

The different modules vary from accounting to things like marketing, business structure etc, if you are looking to do something like business management at uni I would highly suggest it
The different modules vary from accounting to things like marketing, business structure etc, if you are looking to do something like business management at uni I would highly suggest it

Thanks so much- last thing sorry, so should I make sure my college is doing the exam units? What are these called just to double check
Thanks so much- last thing sorry, so should I make sure my college is doing the exam units? What are these called just to double check

Yes you need to check this, I’m not sure what the specific name will be but if it is a btec level 3 national extended diploma teaching from 2016 then it will have the exam units.
Yes you need to check this, I’m not sure what the specific name will be but if it is a btec level 3 national extended diploma teaching from 2016 then it will have the exam units.

Thanks a million, i’m starting in September

Good luck!!!, btw unit 2 is really tough🙄🙄
Good luck!!!, btw unit 2 is really tough🙄🙄

ahh what is unit 2 about?

You will be doing the exam version as the old QCF without exams is no longer allowing registrations. The specification and general info about the course can be found at https://qualifications.pearson.com/en/qualifications/btec-nationals/business-2016.html
ahh what is unit 2 about?

Creating a marketing campaign for 4 hours in an exam hall and a distinction grade is 84%😂😂😂
Creating a marketing campaign for 4 hours in an exam hall and a distinction grade is 84%😂😂😂

😂, was it difficult? how did you get on
(edited 2 years ago)
Got 78% in the first exam so I re-sat it, got 88%!!, was thrilled
Got 78% in the first exam so I re-sat it, got 88%!!, was thrilled

Wow! Congrats!!! What was your campaign?
Wow! Congrats!!! What was your campaign?

It was on the vinyl records market

Hey I got D*DD on BTEC Business Level 3, it is vital you get triple Distinctions (DDD) for you to be accepted into great unis for courses like Law, Business etc. Just make sure to check uni requirements in which you want to go to and work hard to achieve them.

My best advice for you is to use previously distinction written assignments as a template to structure your work accordingly which will guarantee you get distinctions through all assignments on every unit. A lot of people get their templates from a website called Stuvia which you can go in and search BTEC Business Level 3 and search what unit and assignment for you to get great pre-written distinction work for your to use. Just don’t copy and use it to structure your work.

Good luck and you can always PM me if you are looking for something more specific.
Original post by Shadow2020
Hey I got D*DD on BTEC Business Level 3, it is vital you get triple Distinctions (DDD) for you to be accepted into great unis for courses like Law, Business etc. Just make sure to check uni requirements in which you want to go to and work hard to achieve them.

My best advice for you is to use previously distinction written assignments as a template to structure your work accordingly which will guarantee you get distinctions through all assignments on every unit. A lot of people get their templates from a website called Stuvia which you can go in and search BTEC Business Level 3 and search what unit and assignment for you to get great pre-written distinction work for your to use. Just don’t copy and use it to structure your work.

Good luck and you can always PM me if you are looking for something more specific.

Hey, thank you so much again, I've just started and I'm enjoying it so far! I'm hoping to get distinctions, congratulations on your results wow! Thanks so much, I'll definitely PM you if something comes up.
I just have one question, the content your tutors provide you with in class, will that be enough to achieve Distinctions? Did you have to research more in depth independently? Thanks :smile:
Hey, thank you so much again, I've just started and I'm enjoying it so far! I'm hoping to get distinctions, congratulations on your results wow! Thanks so much, I'll definitely PM you if something comes up.
I just have one question, the content your tutors provide you with in class, will that be enough to achieve Distinctions? Did you have to research more in depth independently? Thanks :smile:

No worries man, just enjoy it and focus hard. You will breeze through it and get into great universities. To answer your question, the content which my tutors gave me was sufficient but not the best. They just emailed us distinction templates from Stuvia and told us to follow the structure. I personally did not use the textbook as much except for the exams but it's up to you. I just recommend to everyone to use pre-written distinction templates to get distinctions easily one by one on each assignment. Also, ask your tutor about the grade calculator. Every unit you finish, you will get a grade and you can track your grades for each unit on the grade calculator. It will create a target for you and know where you heading.
No worries man, just enjoy it and focus hard. You will breeze through it and get into great universities. To answer your question, the content which my tutors gave me was sufficient but not the best. They just emailed us distinction templates from Stuvia and told us to follow the structure. I personally did not use the textbook as much except for the exams but it's up to you. I just recommend to everyone to use pre-written distinction templates to get distinctions easily one by one on each assignment. Also, ask your tutor about the grade calculator. Every unit you finish, you will get a grade and you can track your grades for each unit on the grade calculator. It will create a target for you and know where you heading.

Thanks so much, that’s reassuring to hear -
the only thing i’m unsure of atm is - for the internal units, should I be revising the content every night? I’m revising the content for the external units (since it’s exam) but I don’t know whether I should be doing that for the content of the internal units, because they’re assignment based it doesnt seem to make sense to be learning it off… considering we will have the info in front of us for doing assignment
What advice would you give ? Thanks :smile:

For example did you revise the content for your Exploring Business assignment?.. I'm just a bit lost because I'm used to 100% exam

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending