The Student Room Group
University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham
Birmingham

Pharmacy

Do you hold interviews for Undergraduate Pharamcy.
Also, if I wanted to apply for Pharmacy through UCAS Extra. Are there free places?

Scroll to see replies

did you end up applying
University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham
Birmingham
Reply 2
Original post by Preshi0909
did you end up applying

I ended up in Aston University. Sorry if it wasn’t what you were looking for, happy to help.
Thats good, how are you finding pharmacy
did UOB reject then or did you just end up not applying, sorry if seeming nosy I'm currently in a similar situation.
Reply 5
did UOB reject then or did you just end up not applying, sorry if seeming nosy I'm currently in a similar situation.

No It is okay please do not apologise.

I am enjoying pharmacy there is many changes happening to pharmacists. I do not know if you heard about it but pharmacists graduate from 2025 have prescribing qualification so we can prescribe, which is something I am looking for.
Currently revising for my final exam. Realised now no matter what uni you get into, self study is the only way you can improve.

I did not apply to Birmingham Uni I ended up picking Aston. Do you want to pick Birmingham?
Lovely to hear that you're enjoying the course, and yes I did hear about the prescribing qualification that's also something that pushed me to pharmacy.
Yes, I did pick Birmingham Uni through UCAS extra after some phone calls with the uni I was told i should receive a conditional offer but just waiting now.
Fingers crossed.
Reply 7
Lovely to hear that you're enjoying the course, and yes I did hear about the prescribing qualification that's also something that pushed me to pharmacy.
Yes, I did pick Birmingham Uni through UCAS extra after some phone calls with the uni I was told i should receive a conditional offer but just waiting now.
Fingers crossed.

Fingers crossed. Hopefully you receive the offer soon. Keep me updated.
Fingers crossed.

What grades did u apply with if u don’t mind me asking ?
i applied with predicted ABB
I ended up getting rejected by UOB surprisingly as i’d called prior and they said I would likely receive a conditional offer
I’m now applying to Aston, did you apply with a pharmacy personal statement or did you want to do something else prior
I’m now applying to Aston, did you apply with a pharmacy personal statement or did you want to do something else prior

I’m sorry to hear that. Did they provide a reason why they rejected you?
I applied to aston with a personal statement, not with a pharmacy one, but it was similar to it. I applied with a medicine personal statement
Thank you there was no reason given just a straight rejection.
I am not sure if I should rewrite a personal statement for Aston as mine is currently catered to dentistry.
what grades did you apply with if you don't mind me asking
Original post by Anonymous
Thank you there was no reason given just a straight rejection.
I am not sure if I should rewrite a personal statement for Aston as mine is currently catered to dentistry.

Is there a possibility you could try and make it both relevant to pharmacy and dentistry. I know it can be hard but since both professions are in the healthcare field, you may be able to talk about both of them. I can’t remember what were my AS level grades but I think it was 1A 2A*s or something.
Yes I would have to rewrite it and send it to them as soon as possible
Those are very good grades wow
Those are very good grades wow

You can do better, I believe in you!!
Yes I would have to rewrite it and send it to them as soon as possible

Are you applying through extra or how

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending