The Student Room Group
Student working at the Cole Museum
University of Reading
Reading
Visit website

Transferring university

I have finished my first year human biosciences however due personal circumstances I really want to go to university of Reading into second year as it will become impossible to go into Coventry. I’m very worried and scared about my situation and applied for the uni through UCAS but they won’t take me in for second year now I don’t know if I should call them up or if that’s the end of my degree 🥺🥺. Someone HELP!!!! Please
(edited 2 years ago)
What did they say about your transfer application?
Did they give a reason for why you weren’t accepted?
Student working at the Cole Museum
University of Reading
Reading
Visit website
Reply 2
you should call them and tell them that you want to apply manually to them.
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 3
Thank you I’m just very worried and stressed 😶
Reply 4
Original post by GabiAbi84
What did they say about your transfer application?
Did they give a reason for why you weren’t accepted?

They said

“We can only offer Year 1 entry for BSc Medical Science; therefore we cannot consider you for Year 2.”
Original post by 101Maria101
They said

“We can only offer Year 1 entry for BSc Medical Science; therefore we cannot consider you for Year 2.”

Then unfortunately you have your answer.
You could apply for year one entry and start again or look into other universities to see if they would accept a transfer into year two of the course. It is past the deadline for transferring in so there’s will be no guarantees-but if you don’t ask elsewhere then you won’t know.
I have finished my first year human biosciences however due personal circumstances I really want to go to university of Reading into second year as it will become impossible to go into Coventry. I’m very worried and scared about my situation and applied for the uni through UCAS but they won’t take me in for second year now I don’t know if I should call them up or if that’s the end of my degree 🥺🥺. Someone HELP!!!! Please

Hey there @101Maria101,

It really is great to hear that you want to join us at the University of Reading :smile:

I would suggest contacting the admissions team directly with the details as they should be able to help. It might be that they did not understand that you had already completed year one on that same course? Sometimes transfers depend on the modules you have taken elsewhere and whether they have overlapped enough or not, so I would suggest sending them some information on the modules too. You never know if you don't try! Our admissions team are very friendly and will do their best to help you.

If this is not possible, would you consider joining us as a first year? It doesn't have to be the end of your degree if you don't want it to be - there are always options so try your best not to panic :smile:

I hope this helps - please let me know if you have any more questions and I would be happy to help. Keep me updated - I really hope it works out for you! We would love to see you here at Reading in September!

Daisy
2nd year politics and international relations student
Reply 7
Thank you I sent them an email now I just wait. Praying that they will accept my transfer 🥺
Thank you I sent them an email now I just wait. Praying that they will accept my transfer 🥺

@101Maria101,

We wish you the very best of luck. Do keep us updated and let us know how it goes. Hopefully see you in September!

Daisy
Reply 9
Thank you
Will do
They said NO
They said NO

@101Maria101,

I am very sorry to hear this - did they give a specific reason as to why?

Please do consider joining us as a first year in your course - we have lots of fantastic courses including biological sciences, biomedical sciences or biochemistry if you would be interested in taking a look at these. We have a few open days coming up too if you would like to learn more about the courses and the uni itself.

As always, I am happy to answer any questions you have.

Daisy
Apparently the university does not consider students for second year
They said

This is pretty normal.

You have an offer for first year study, whilst re-sitting first year isnt what you want it is a way to move to Reading university.
I agree but I have finished year one that will be repeating a year for nothing that’s the thing and this will effect my student finance
I agree but I have finished year one that will be repeating a year for nothing that’s the thing and this will effect my student finance

If you wish to go to Reading then your only option is to apply to 1st year if they won’t allow 2nd year entry.

Student finance will fund an extra years funding.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending