mm36457
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
Does anyone know what the application process was like for Paramedic Science at Ulster this year? i have heard that they didn't read personal statements. Did they just base it off grades?
i am applying for 2022 intake as a second unrelated degree and i want to give myself the best shot possible. Any tips will be appreciated.
nic_chick
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by mm36457)
Does anyone know what the application process was like for Paramedic Science at Ulster this year? i have heard that they didn't read personal statements. Did they just base it off grades?
i am applying for 2022 intake as a second unrelated degree and i want to give myself the best shot possible. Any tips will be appreciated.
Hey, they definitely scored the personal statements and used those to give interviews. Then the score for the interview and the personal statement were totalled together and places awarded to top 40 applicants conditional on meeting grade requirement. I believe nursing at queen's didn't use personal statements, interview only, not sure about UU nursing. They had videos up detailing the recruitment process for paramedic science before this year's intake. They possibly have been taken down now but they were on the paramedic science page on UU website.
mm36457
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by nic_chick)
Hey, they definitely scored the personal statements and used those to give interviews. Then the score for the interview and the personal statement were totalled together and places awarded to top 40 applicants conditional on meeting grade requirement. I believe nursing at queen's didn't use personal statements, interview only, not sure about UU nursing. They had videos up detailing the recruitment process for paramedic science before this year's intake. They possibly have been taken down now but they were on the paramedic science page on UU website.
Thanks so much!
Did they ask technical questions or was it more general ? General as in; give us an example of when you worked as a team and what do you know about the role of a paramedic etc
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (23)
8.55%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (38)
14.13%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (46)
17.1%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (38)
14.13%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (77)
28.62%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (47)
17.47%

Watched Threads