?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
If so, which form?
Sinnoh
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Did Shotokan Karate for a while, got a black belt. Probably the easiest martial art to get a black belt in, though.
Kallisto
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
More than once!

Kickboxing, Self Defense, Kobudo, Taekwondo, Kung Fu and currently just Boxing. Thanks to my moves from one city to another, I have learnt so many different kinds of martial arts. Some were for a long while, but each practiced at least one year.
Last edited by Kallisto; 1 month ago
Jonathanツ
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
No, but I'm actually starting a boxing and MMA class this week which I am both very nervous and excited about...
gjd800
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Jiu jitsu for a bit
ROTL94
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Not unless you count pissing around with a wooden sword that I got from the Robin Hood thing in Nottingham when I was 10 as a martial art, no I haven't.
anosmianAcrimony
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I used to fence if you call that a martial art. Not very practical! But good fun and it does improve your reflexes and balance.
Justaboutalive
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Yup, used to train in Chinese kickboxing for a few years, did some Karate when I was in school. Currently learning Escrima/Kali.
Kallisto
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Justaboutalive)
Yup, used to train in Chinese kickboxing for a few years, did some Karate when I was in school. Currently learning Escrima/Kali.
That is a Phillipine martial arts with focus on weapons, am I right? training with weapons is so exciting, what a pity that I had to quit because of the coach's injury.
username5173262
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I did kickboxing for a number of years. Until I got laaaazy!! :horns:
Kallisto
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by V℮rsions)
I did kickboxing for a number of years. Until I got laaaazy!! :horns:
Did you ever regret that you stop to train? never thought about it to train again?
Sagar_007
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I did Thai boxing few years ago. I got busy with work so couldn’t do it anymore. It was just for self defence.
username5173262
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Kallisto)
Did you ever regret that you stop to train? never thought about it to train again?
uhh to be honest man I do and I don't regret it. I kind of dropped it gradually when school and GCSE's began picking up, plus I was diagnosed with insomnia, so I don't think I left on bad 'terms' (idk how to phrase it; I didn't leave because I was actually lazy at the time or because I did anything bad, it was just too much). So for that, it's hard to regret it necessarily because it was probably for the best.

But yeah, I can see myself going back maybe. I'd like to focus now more on the gym and kind of casual working out for my body more than the competitive side of training though. Maybe when I hit university after the gap year, but right now just coming out college I need a rest man :cry2:
sunshine774
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by heather1186)
If so, which form?
Yes, I did karate for 10 years. Shotokan karate for 2 years, and then I switched to Wado Karate for the other 8 years
Justaboutalive
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Kallisto)
That is a Phillipine martial arts with focus on weapons, am I right? training with weapons is so exciting, what a pity that I had to quit because of the coach's injury.
Yup, we train using wooden sticks in the classes, yeah its really cool, like a different feel to the martial art entirely.
Oh dear, will you start martial arts again?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Poll: What factors affect your mental health most right now? Post-lockdown edition

Anxiousness about restrictions easing (55)
6.15%
Uncertainty around my education (101)
11.28%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (95)
10.61%
Lack of purpose or motivation (111)
12.4%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (44)
4.92%
Impact lockdown had on physical health (48)
5.36%
Social worries (incl. loneliness/making friends) (99)
11.06%
Financial worries (61)
6.82%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (41)
4.58%
Exposure to negative news/social media (56)
6.26%
Difficulty accessing real life entertainment (26)
2.91%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (86)
9.61%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (72)
8.04%

Watched Threads