The Student Room Group

Clearing predictions?

Just had my last 'mini' a level exam thing for maths and it went awful rip. Definitely not getting above a D and need a B in maths to get into both my firm and insurance choices, the rest of my grades are fine. What do I do now? When do I apply through clearing, is it after results day? Am i going to even get a place through clearing at a good uni with a D in maths? Help T_T
You’ll find out when you get your results whether your firm or insurance can take you with lower grades (or if they’re able to offer an alternative course with lower requirements).

If they can’t take you then you’ll be in clearing. There’s a huge range of courses and universities in clearing most years but it changes each year. You will have to look at what’s available and see if there’s anything that you would be happy with. If not then you’ll always have the option to resit exams in the autumn or summer, do something fun and interesting and reapply for university in 2022.
Original post by caranewp
Just had my last 'mini' a level exam thing for maths and it went awful rip.

You will be placed in Clearing automatically if your firm and insurance don't accept you.

The D in maths will be more significant if you are applying for maths based degrees like Economics. Not that you have to apply for the same course, you could consider changing if you want to.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending